Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,194   Online: 994

rc51owner

Hasselblad 40mm CF FLE lens question

Hey Everyone,

I am looking at a Hasselblad 40mm CF FLE locally and when I went to look at the lens a second time (in a local camera store) the sales person said shake it. I gently shook it and there was a slight rattle/wobble from the front of the lens. I.e the FLE portion. Should it do this? And I know this is hard to answer and if it does how much should it do it?

Regards,

M

If it's a consignment item, request the owner have it repaired or get an estimate for the repair and deduct it from the sale price. Lenses should not rattle, especially expensive Hasselblad wide-angle lenses.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not familiar with that lens specifically, but I have had quite a few Zeiss lenses apart and there are a number of screws in there and I suspect one is loose. If it is a bargain item ($100 or so) then maybe you can open it up and fix it. Otherwise I'd keep looking.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a 50mm CFi FLE and it doesn't rattle/wobble at all. The 40mm likely needs to be serviced, so that should be factored into the price. The 40mm FLE is an expensive lens, so if it otherwise looks good and you can snag it for under $500--it may be a good deal.
    Last edited by Barry S; 04-22-2011 at 03:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own a 40 CF FLE for about 20 years and there is definitivly nothing to hear from the front of the lens, even if I shake it.

rc51owner
    Hey Everyone,

thank for the input. It is on consignment and it isn't cheap (when has a Hasselblad lens ever been cheap?). I took another look at it yesterday. It looks like it is the mechanism that is used to attach the lense hood to the lense that is loose. There are two screws holding this onto the main body and it appears that one of them is not connected to anything. There is no sign of tampering so it is rather strange that it should have come loose. The lense elements and the rest of the body are solid. I did discover one more issue with the lense - the two piece focus ring comes off and the plastic is snapped in one place. It is all held together because of the rubber focus ring. Where would I be able to source this part?

Regards,

M

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Contact Hasselblad USA directly and they'll put you in touch with the parts and/or service department. The service is excellent and I've never had any problems getting parts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin