Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,323   Online: 1219

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 645AF blurry eyes

Okay, I'm pretty good with my digital gear at getting amazing portriats, but I'm having issues with my Mamiya 645AF. I'm using one shot focus, depress the button half way, compose shot, and depress all the way. Yet, I'm seeming to have issues on getting the eyes too blurry.

Is this an issue of expecting too much resolution from my film? (10 year old Velvia, original RVP, not Velvia 50.)

Is it the AF of the camera?

Any thoughts would be appriciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 207191_203501259690821_133987176642230_555468_4660064_n.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hard to say from that small shot really. 10 year old film likely does not help, is the lens wide open? Maybe it's a little soft? Maybe your autofocus is hitting her shoulder, not face? Maybe try the lens stopped down a bit, and maybe focus manually. 6x4.5 film with Velvia is capable of very sharp results, so I don't think you expect too much, but maybe try a fresh roll of something.

6x7

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What was your aperture? shutter speed? were you shooting handheld or on a tripod?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good to me, it could be the film.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    It may be a combination of the AF honing in on the wrong place, and ever so slight head movement at that split second.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I have this problem a lot with my TLR. I get a lot of shots that look soft just like that and it's definitely slight camera shake because when I get a good shot, it's sharp as a knife.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin