Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,848   Online: 905

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cosina Voigtlander Bessa III is currently manufactured. Fuji GF670 also. Hasselblad 503CW. The Mamiya RZ67 may still be in production since there is a digital back being produced for it. Holga and similar low-cost plastic cameras, too.

bryanphoto
    Thanks for the tips. The last I read, DHW Fototechnik is now producing the Rollei medium format cameras, but in fairly limited numbers. I wonder if the Pentax medium format film cameras are still available in Japan. Might be worth investigating.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanphoto View Post
    Thanks for the tips. The last I read, DHW Fototechnik is now producing the Rollei medium format cameras, but in fairly limited numbers. I wonder if the Pentax medium format film cameras are still available in Japan. Might be worth investigating.
    Apparently not, nor any other kind of film camera. Why not just shop for a good used or NOS example of the sort you want? There's no great mystery about what's still in production for MF film systems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I second CGW's opinion. I don't think its worth buying a new MF film camera these days unless you are a well-heeled Luddite. The fundamental systems are similar to what's been around for the past 10-40 years. I picked up a couple years ago an early 2000s 67II in really good condition and payed for it and several lenses less than buying a new 67II from Pentax. That equation will be mirrored throughout the MF marketplace, especially in regards to Hasselblad
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've lucked into NOS Mamiya RB and barely used Bronica SQ-B kits for very little money(e.g., $125 for a boxed NOS RB67 Pro S body+120+WLF). They're out there. KEH is clearing a pile of new Mamiya RB KL lenses for peanuts(<$200). I'm picky but patient--a strategy that's let me put together new cameras, lenses and accessories. Most of these MF system cameras sold well, so its often possible still to find good quality for very little $. It won't last, so don't dither if you want in.

bryanphoto
    Yeah, I think the "picky and patient" approach is probably the way to go. I have had back luck with used purchases, though, so it has given me a bad taste. However, I agree that it is probably still worth looking around for good used pieces.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanphoto View Post
    Yeah, I think the "picky and patient" approach is probably the way to go. I have had back luck with used purchases, though, so it has given me a bad taste. However, I agree that it is probably still worth looking around for good used pieces.
    Also keep in mind that (at least in my experience) the cheaper systems will be the ones not offering a way to mount a digital back.
    David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always buy used cameras. I found that a digital back for a RZ67 can be pricey.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I always buy used cameras. I found that a digital back for a RZ67 can be pricey.

Jeff
    Just a bit. And think about the quality you.... lose
    David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidearm613 View Post
    Just a bit. And think about the quality you.... lose
    The quality difference between film and a digital back is like the size of my fingernail to the size of the sun in the digital back's favour if you're scanning your film with a flatbed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin