Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 730

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Japan Pentax is selling off their remaining stock since they have officially discontinued both the 67 and the 645 in favor of the 645Digital. Many stores still have a few sitting on the shelf. The Mamiya 67RZ is still in production but the RB is not. Nevertheless I was able to buy a new RB a few months ago with the standard lens and film back for under $500 and Mamiya is still happy to service the RB.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

bryanphoto
    Thanks for the update on the status of Pentax offerings in Japan. I appreciate the information.

Shooter
    35mm
    Arca Swiss and Silvestri still produce cameras that are relatively small and can take MF backs.

Besides that, I agree with those who say that the second-hand market is still a very valid choice also in the long term.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I came late to buy some of those 67, but i bought my new film MF 6x7 which is Mamiya 7II, i would like to send it for repair as it doesn't work, but not sure if i have to send it to Japan or USA.
    I bought Hasselblad 501cm and RZ67II both used, i was hoping to buy RB new when it was in stock online, but they are not and i can't follow all the websites in the world to get it new in stock somewhere, but i think i will just forget RB forever and keep my hand on RZ and Mamiya7, i wish if i can replace my RZ as it looks like good condition but need more service, so i wish if i can still find RZII "NEW" body only if available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I you have a lot of money, there is also Alpa. And the new Fuji rangefinders, both the folder with an 80mm lens and the upcoming fixed lens wide-angle version are very interesting.

And if you buy new, good for you. The secondhand market will not support the companies still brave enough to invest in film cameras. If we don't support them, how will they support us?

bryanphoto
    I like your way of thinking. I agree. We have to support the companies still making film cameras. The Alpa cameras are quite interesting, but as you mention, quite expensive. I expect the systems that allow for interchangeable film and digital backs might last longer than purely film offerings, since they only need to keep the back in (extra) production and not an entire film-dependent system. Of course, if I had the means, I would design and produce a new medium format film camera system regardless of its market viability (and to have a camera and lenses with the materials and functionality that I would really like).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin