Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,490   Online: 1013

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Mamiya 65mm Chrome TLR

Hello all,
    I would like to clean out the shutter on my 65mm lens but for the life of me cannot seem to figure how to get to the shutter. The problem is trying to remove the cross bar that connects the 2 cells together.
    Any help would be great.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I am correct, I'll check with my Chrome lens later, the front of each lens has to come off, then the cross bar can be lifted off so the rest of the cell can come out.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If only it was that easy. Please let me know.
    Arthur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Next outting bring it with you and we'll take a look at it together?

I'll check mine today n see how it comes off.

I'm almost sure that's how it comes off.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I thought you took apart the 65mm that I sold you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just turn it counter clockwise. It may be tight but it will come off. I have done it on my 65mm chrome. In fact I have done this to all my Mamyia TLR lenses. They will come off the same way. There are no tricky things to worry about.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    By coincidence, I was thinking of picking one of these up - how do you like its performance? Pretty sharp? Is the chrome performance much different from the black version?

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arthur, the Blue dot is different than the chrome. The Blue dot has 2 set screws on the cross bar that get released and the cell simply unscrews.

The chrome has a knerled ring behind the cross bar, that has to be released, then the cell will turn. I tried my old chrome but it's frozen solid and I'd have to take a wrench to it to break it lose.

BTW The 2 small set screws of the Chrome will release a beauty ring at the base of the front cell.

The Chrome i s not much different than the newer black version. Newer coatings n maybe some increase in contrast, I really can't see the difference, quality in build is the same as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin