Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,309   Online: 1089

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    if you don't mind "zone focusing" an old folding camera might be the kind of MF
    camera you are looking for ...
    to give you an idea of what they look like

http://arukucamera.net/folders.html
    Thanks for this link. I'm not the OP, but I'm following this thread with some interest as I'm just starting to get into MF.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Yep, the classic advantage of the vintage steel-bodied camera over newer more plasticy cameras--hand-to-hand combat!
    I thought that's what heavy tripods were for.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I feel that staged artificial light is always easier to use than natural light.
    While I realize you wrote, "easier to use," and not, "better to use," this is still going to ignite a flash vs. natural light religious war.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    While I realize you wrote, "easier to use," and not, "better to use," this is still going to ignite a flash vs. natural light religious war.
    I am a fan of bouce flash esp., low ceilings.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm
    Naturalist looking flash photographs are actually very difficult to achieve, most look like studio portraits - key light, fill in or reflector, a little bounced or back light. Daylight by comparison has a vast range of colour temperatures, levels of diffusion and shadow depth to be exploited, so long as the photographer isn't on the clock in the set up.
    It's not a question of evangelising one light source, more one of exploration. Studio flash can lead to highly formulaic shots that look like everyone else's idea of studio photography. A lot of contemporary fashion and editorial work is on location and in available light.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin