Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,167   Online: 830

Shooter
    35mm

Do you know where to get 120 and 220 film in bulk?

Do you know where to get 120 and 220 film in bulk? I know ebay is an option but is there any other place you go?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I assume the backing paper issue is the reason long rolls of 120 stock hasn't been prevalent.

You can source 160NC in 70mm in long rolls but would need to slit it down yourself for use in your Contax 645 ???

For b/w I would consider 120 rolls of fomapan or arista EDU. These are a great value and the film has a unique look although q/c and the emulsion can be soft are things to consider if you want to use this for wedding work.

If I was shooting 120 for wedding work I would just work the price into my fees and buy fresh Portra as both the 400 is available in 220 and the 160 I assume will be also when it becomes available.

edit: I'm now rereading your post and maybe you just want quantity of 120/220 already rolled?
    Call Freestyle in LA area, as they will cut you some slack for large orders.
    Last edited by brucemuir; 05-06-2011 at 08:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have bought 120 FP4 20 rolls per carton (the old term is 'brick'- seems to be falling out of use) from B&H NY no problem. Miles less expensive than paying $8 per roll here locally.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depends where you are located as to the best route to go. If you happen to be near the San Francisco Bay Area, I can most certainly help you out (I have a little film/paper/chemistry business in San Francisco.) Feel free to call if you have any questions: 415-829-9946.

Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    100 rolls of shanghai gp3=£129 incl shipping. How's that for cheap bulk?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe check KEH or B&H or Freestyle.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never seen a 62mm long roll. Not saying they don't exist, but they're rare. I have several 46mm long rolls in my freezer that were designed for things like school class pictures. I think the larger sized was 70mm, however.

Obviously all the film manufacturers slit 62mm, since they pack 120 film.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin