Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,268   Posts: 1,534,353   Online: 833
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    cjbecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IN
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    736
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by lambis View Post
    I live in Sweden so Hasselblad is not a problem hier!! But after what i have read
    its helping me more to chose and yes its right: Go for what you can afford and stick to it!!! Its still the 6x6 that i love but in the same time i don't care about the possibility to use many backs or lenses as i am extremely minimalist (my best camera is a Polaroid) So its between Rolleiflex and Hasselblad. So now that i have for test a Hassy i think i need to find a Rolleiflex and do some test shoots and see how the feeling and the quality is. But what i haven't know was that the Planars 3.5 are sharper that 2.8
    Im right there with ya. I have a 500cm kit, but only use a 80. I don’t really have a care for multiple back and viewfinders. I actually have a rolleicord that I really like shooting with (more then with the blad). I would shoot it more often but the way the ziess renders is amazing. It is 3D. I much prefer the simplicity of the rollei.

  2. #12
    erikg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    pawtucket rhode island usa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,397
    Just to be the guy who throws the odd thing into the thread: there are also the2.8 planars mounted in leaf shutters for the old graflex xl cameras. They can be found cheap and give the option for 6x7 and 6x9 formats. That said, a rollei is a great portrait camera. They are really fun to use too.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    421
    I have a Hasselblad 500CM with 50-80-150 lenses and other goodies. Yeah it's a nice camera. I also have a Rollei 3.5F with the Schneider lens. As Sandermarijn said the 3.5 is lighter, smaller and cheaper than a 2.8.

    The collectors want the Planar so a Schneider lens saves some bucks there too. In any case I use the Rollei way more than the Blad. There is absolutely no problem getting a Rollei repaired. In fact there is a whole lot less to go wrong with them.

    If your hung up on a 2.8 or f/2 Planar fine but you own it to yourself to a hands on evaluation of other choices.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    Im right there with ya. I have a 500cm kit, but only use a 80. I don’t really have a care for multiple back and viewfinders. I actually have a rolleicord that I really like shooting with (more then with the blad). I would shoot it more often but the way the ziess renders is amazing. It is 3D. I much prefer the simplicity of the rollei.

    So you mean that the Rolleiflex planars render in 3D? Like everybody else told me there is no way that i need to try out those but from what i have see in the Net
    especially photos that come near to what i do i got the feeling that the rolleiflexes
    have more character and 3D effect the the Bokeh is different that those i have see from hasselblad. But this mean nothing maybe as the one that make the photos is always the photographer on the end and os many other factors as background model position etc etc .

    Interesting to see to that so many have wroten in this topic and i feel others have to the same issues.

  5. #15
    Mustafa Umut Sarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    İstanbul - Türkiye
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,818
    Images
    108
    If you want great photographs , forget Planar , Look for Zeiss Triotar on Rolleicord. They are around 400 dollars or cheaper and they record a line, like it was cut with a razor. That sharp. Look for the Trioatar Galleries and its sharpness , lines and tones as a pencil drawing and peaceful elite look will inspire you.
    Planar is somehow ordinary and widely used and its like harsh , too much contrast , to much aggressive look. Triotar is like a peace and like a Symphony 6.
    My next Rollei will be it without question whatever problem would it create to me.
    Look to the galleries very closely. You will instantly see the elegance and the greys.

    Umut

  6. #16
    sandermarijn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    771
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by lambis View Post
    But what i haven't know was that the Planars 3.5 are sharper that 2.8
    I have never seen any of that. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

  7. #17
    cjbecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IN
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    736
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by lambis View Post
    So you mean that the Rolleiflex planars render in 3D? Like everybody else told me there is no way that i need to try out those but from what i have see in the Net
    especially photos that come near to what i do i got the feeling that the rolleiflexes
    have more character and 3D effect the the Bokeh is different that those i have see from hasselblad. But this mean nothing maybe as the one that make the photos is always the photographer on the end and os many other factors as background model position etc etc .

    Interesting to see to that so many have wroten in this topic and i feel others have to the same issues.
    I was talking about the ziess for the hasselblad.

  8. #18
    Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    739
    Images
    89
    Like others, I only have experience with one of these - Hasselblad. I can recommend the 120 Makro/Planar with an f/4 and minimum focus distance of .8 for portraits. It's bokeh is lovely and is a great lens other than the 80mm for portraits!

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    22
    Have take some days to thing about what u people recommend. On the end it will be a question of price to as my budget is ca 1500 USD.
    So it will be Hasselblad or Rolleiflex on the end and i will take a look next week to a
    500 C/M Classic with a Planar CF 80.
    Dream setup would be if the camera had a exposure mettering for the times i work very fast but this is out of my budget. I have tested Hassy with expo finder and a 205 that was a dream but this is out of my budget.

  10. #20
    TheFlyingCamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    8,310
    Blog Entries
    51
    Images
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Like others, I only have experience with one of these - Hasselblad. I can recommend the 120 Makro/Planar with an f/4 and minimum focus distance of .8 for portraits. It's bokeh is lovely and is a great lens other than the 80mm for portraits!
    You like the bokeh from the 120 Makro-Planar? I always found it a very harsh lens. The five-bladed aperture doesn't help matters any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin