Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,811   Online: 865

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lambis View Post
    Have take some days to thing about what u people recommend. On the end it will be a question of price to as my budget is ca 1500 USD.
    So it will be Hasselblad or Rolleiflex on the end and i will take a look next week to a
    500 C/M Classic with a Planar CF 80.
    Dream setup would be if the camera had a exposure mettering for the times i work very fast but this is out of my budget. I have tested Hassy with expo finder and a 205 that was a dream but this is out of my budget.
    I prefer Hasselblad, but if you are into bling buy a wide angle Rollei, normal Rollei and a telephoto Rollei and wear all three on straps around your neck.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I dont need much lenses i shoot most of the time just with one. if you take a look at my webpage you can see that 90% of my photos are done with a 80mm for digi. mediumformat or 50mm för Dslr. One lens One lightsource and some filters and i am done.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One lens One lightsource and some filters and i am done.
    That implies one small step more towards a Rollei TLR (preferably a 3,5 Planar).

One smalll step for [a] man, one giant leap for lambis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Rollei is no longer in production , It will be difficult to factory repair it. And there will never be a new Planar or lens for Rollei.
    Contax is a Japanese firm which uses Zeiss like Sony . I dont cant think that Japanese cameras can reach to Zeiss level quality and they are far from you and it would be expensive to factory repair your camera.
    Hasselblad is the most sturdy camera of three and Sweden have high standarts for every their products and They are European also. You can find every part combination for your camera very cheap.
    You can even buy a tilt shift body for your Hasselblad also . And there will be a new generation optics to 50 years optics which will fit your Hasselblad.
    I learned that some Hasselblads look new but worn because they are a fashion business one and used ten thousands of times. All plastic gears could be worn.
    So as I ever say , Subscribe to APUG first and buy from a reputable seller.

Umut

DHW Fototechnik GmbH Makes Rollei now. Its still there.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Regarding the lens for the new Rollei 2.8FX. I recently talked with Fototechnik and though Zeiss doesn't allow them to use the Planar name, they are making the same exact lens. If you get a new Rollei now the lens is called HFT coated S-Apogon but beyond the name it is still the HFT coated Planar.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As an owner of Planars using Rolleiflex TLRs (3.5 and 2.8), Hassys, Rollei SL66, and with Contax SLRs (RX), they are ALL good. I think it's much more important the handling of the camera and your personal preferences around that, and the condition of any camera you might be considering. People argue ad nauseum over the Xenotar vs. Planar with the Rolleiflexes but again (and I own both of those too) the condition of the camera has FAR more to do with the results than the minor differences you'd see between the lenses even if you could measure such completely objectively.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am searching for my new MF camera and i am between Contax 645, Rolleiflex 2.8 and Hasselblad 501CM. Now all those cameras use Planar lenses, my question is are the characteristics of those lenses the same? Form what i see i love the results for the Contax 80mm 2.0 but i have not a chance to test by myself. Are the hasselblad
    or rolleiflex 80 Planars the same or are there differences.
    Years ago, I had an opportunity to acquire a Hasselblad camera and 80mm lens. I really liked the results I got with it and, not too long after, was able to add the 50mm and 150mm lenses, as well. Eventually, as I used the Hasselblad more and more, I was impressed with the consistency of the Zeiss lenses and being able to select a focal length I needed without having to worry about a change in color or contrast. In order to be able to get the same qualities in a 35mm camera, I switched to a Contax SLR and began acquiring lenses for that.

There is a difference between the lenses made for the 35mm Contax and you can see that reflected in the prices. The difference, I think, is in resolution, not color or contrast and it is not as noticeable in the Hasselblad because of the larger format and less need for enlargement with that size negative as compared to the 35mm negative. I believe this is the basis for my dislike of the 6x4.5 format as well as the two slide formats I used to use the Hasselblad for. They simply are not large enough to represent a significant improvement over a 35mm camera. I, also, tried the 6x4.5 version of the Mamiya and was not happy with it at all. I, certainly, did not find it to be an improvement over that format in the Hasselblad.

On the other hand, if I were to pick my favorite MF lenses, they would be the ones for the Mamiya 7 rangefinder cameras. To me, they are the equal of the Zeiss lenses in color and contrast and better in terms of resolution and clarity or sharpness, even handheld. Now, for medium format slides, I usually use the 6x7 Mamiyas and hardly ever use the Hasselblad 500 cameras for slides, anymore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin