Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,354   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

RB67 Tripod recommendation Bogen 3051/3021?

RB67 users....what tripod are you using/suggest for landscape use? Would a Bogen 3051 be too cumbersome, or maybe a 3021 a better choice for portability and still stable enough for most conditions?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Manfrotto
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I picked up an Induro AKB-2 about a month ago, about the same weight as my Tiltall but much more convenient to use. It's rated for MF, but strong enough for my Cambo SC II. It has QR leg locks, ball head, three position leg spread w/locks. Comes with carry bag and strap that works for both bag or tripod alone. Priced lots less than the Manfrotto's. Only point I dont like is no spiked feet, they're an accessory.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got the 3021 legs with a 410 head. It is an amazing setup. It will easily be able to hold the rb. Lots of people use the same setup for LF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only crime in this international discussion is that there are Manfrotto part numbers for the whole world except for the US, where the same parts are assigned different Bogen numbers.

Kind of reminds me of all of the analog TV 'standards' that popped up in the 50's and 60's decades before worldwide pre-recorded video tapes and home machines became available to consumers.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked up a Manfrotto 055XPROB with a 808RC4 3-way pan head. Plenty stable enough for my RB and durable enough to last for years.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For carrying on my back, I like the Bogen 3030 (no longer made). It sets up quickly, as all three legs open at once, and it uses rocker locks instead of 90-degree flip locks. It does not weigh a lot, but it is solid. It feels much lighter than my 3036 or 3051, but about 2/3 to 3/4 as solid. I never should have sold mine, but I got a great deal on a 3036, which is better for my view camera. Like many tripods, they sell for peanuts on the used market.

It's weakness is that it cannot get that low to the ground. You need an attachment to do that.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a Manfrotto 055 with a 488 head+hex QR plate adapter. Plenty sturdy since the body's weight doesn't have to shift for landscape/portrait changes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Bogen/Manfrotto 3021 and feel it is a good balance between weight and stability with my RB. My ball head needs an upgrade, though...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Manfrotto/Bogen 3221 legs with 3030 head. I find it plenty stable for my RZ67 Pro II.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin