Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,148   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Well, Steve, I think the OP should consider a Minox or Olympus Pen instead. Or a 5X7.
    No, but a Tessina, http://www.submin.com/35mm/collection/tessina/index.htm
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Now is a good time to step up to great MF equipment! Step up to Hasselblad and think square!
    Heh!

This OP is already very tempted by having a (eg) 500CM (mainly for studio portraits), but it would have to coexist with my 6x7 kit. I'm worried that they might start arguing with each other over which one is the ideal film format, and then I'd have to store them in different rooms so that they stop making snide comments at each other.

More seriously, I've not seen a good "starter" kit locally in good condition for a price that I'm comfortable with. We live in hope...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a similar problem. The single frame 35mm camera fight with the full frame 35mm cameras who fight with the Hasselblads who fight with the Graflex and the Graphic every time I get the equipment to go out taking photographs! The squabbling is bad enough, but name calling and insults are really quite incredible!

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It is an APUG tradition that when a post like this appears that some big bore has to push their agenda...

Given that is vacuum has not been filled:

Steve
    I joined this forum at about the same time you did. You have posted 8296 messages to the forum but I had only 241. Hum... Guess who is pushing his/her own agenda. It sure is an APUG tradition that I have not picked up yet...

By the way, there is currently a nice P67-ii on eBay. People have bid it up to $1325 and there is still more than a day for the auction to go. It sure looks hot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENTAX-67-II-CAM...-/140548242028

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    I joined this forum at about the same time you did. You have posted 8296 messages to the forum but I had only 241. Hum... Guess who is pushing his/her own agenda. It sure is an APUG tradition that I have not picked up yet...

By the way, there is currently a nice P67-ii on eBay. People have bid it up to $1325 and there is still more than a day for the auction to go. It sure looks hot:

That post was tongue-in-cheek. I was making fun of the fact that when an OP states that he wants A or B but really does not want C, every C owner jumps in and pushes C. I was being sirius, not serious.

You really need to get with the program!

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format

It does look nice. For now I'm just looking for a local sale to keep things simple.

I'm surprised how much a P67ii sells for nowadays, the price is much more (in percentage terms) than a 6x7, and is about the same amount of money as a decent DSLR (yeh, I know, comparing apples with oranges and all that...). Or about the same as a typical 500cm+lens+back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree that it is very common for people to go off and push for something else not mentioned by the OP. The problem is all the replies to this thread up to the one from me were not pushing for C. All were on the subject about upgrading from P67 to P67-ii. Maybe I need to relearn English. Did I miss something among the replies?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree that it is very common for people to go off and push for something else not mentioned by the OP. The problem is all the replies to this thread up to the one from me were not pushing for C. All were on the subject about upgrading from P67 to P67-ii. Maybe I need to relearn English. Did I miss something among the replies?
    That was posted in jest, poking fun at what has happened on other threads in an effort to prevent it from happening here by striking before the event. You might want to brush up on your understanding humor in English though.

Reread post number 9 to see if you can see the humor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the explanation. I did not get the humor. English is my 2nd language, actually the 3rd. Sorry about that. This forum offers so much for me and I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Read my posts and you understanding of some forms of America humor will improve. If you do not understand any of them, I will explain it to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin