Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,230   Online: 992

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Pentax 67 shutter sticks open...

I've done a bit of searching around on this issue, but haven't really found the advice I've been looking for, here is the issue:

The shutter on my old Pentax 67 is firing only on "B", "X", and 1/1000th. Occasionally it will fire on the intermediate speeds for a few frames, but will then stick again.

I have cleaned the contacts, tried new batteries, and tinkered with it externally. What I would like (and haven't been able to find) is a repair manual and parts diagram. I have done shutter curtain replacements and electronic repairs on other cameras, so I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, I would just like to know how the camera comes apart, and have a rough idea where the critical parts are. I don't care to spend a lot on a CLA for a camera which I don't use that much, and only paid $40 for.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated,

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You should pose this question on the KYPhoto repair forum.

There is a lot of collective knowledge over there, and someone probably has either the repair guide or information that you need.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the help, I got the info I needed at Kyphoto, and the camera is now working,

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin