Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,246   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pentax 67 to 645 Generic adapter??

Just wondering if anyone has any recomendations on a good brand of generic 67 to 645 adapter or if I should stick with the Pentax. Also, has anyone had issues with fake Pentax branded 67 to 645 adapters?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think most adapters are better than they used to be but maybe I've been lucky.
    I recently picked up a no name Hasselblad to Contax 645 and it works fine including infinity.

Most of the cheap ones I have picked up recently for x/to eos work fine also including focus confirm chip models.
    When you think about it, it's not rocket science but I have heard of poor tolerances when these first started popping maybe 8 years ago.

I know this doesn't help much but at least it bumps your thread

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stick to the Pentax adapter, even though they've gone up in price lately thanks to the 645D. It offers meter coupling and auto diaphram with the 6x7 lenses. Without an auto diaphram an adapter is worthless except for shooting static subjects with your camera mounted on a tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JonPorter View Post
    Stick to the Pentax adapter, even though they've gone up in price lately thanks to the 645D. It offers meter coupling and auto diaphram with the 6x7 lenses. Without an auto diaphram an adapter is worthless except for shooting static subjects with your camera mounted on a tripod.
    I wouldn't say worthless.
    I can focus out doors stopped down to 5.6 and I usually shoot people with mostly large apertures anyway.

Sure coupling would be great but it's not always even possible at least on some of my rigs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My biggest worry is the weight of the 67 lenses compared to other lenses. I'd worry that the metal in the cheaper adapters might fail.

Looks like I'm getting the real thing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do it. The cost is minimal compared to the value of your kit, you get full lens functionality (OK, minus the focal length data imprinting), and you'll only need to buy it once.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin