Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,085   Online: 903

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What, exactly, is the purpose of processing Kodachrome as black and white? If you have already shot some photos you want to salvage, ok, I can understand that. But to set out to shoot it? There are designed-for-black-and-white films that are bound to be better.

I suppose "because you can" is really reason enough if you really want to do so, but that just doesn't appeal to me. Too much work for results that won't be as good as I could get with tried and tested films.

I have one roll of K200 I didn't manage to shoot before the deadline. I figured I'd just keep it as a souvenir. I shot all the 64 I had.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be good for demo and practice film for students, so they can learn to load 120 onto steel reels. We have plenty of 35mm for demo and practice, but no 120.

Oh. But once you consider shipping, it's going for more than the price of fresh, purpose made black and white Fuji Acros. Some people are just nutz!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can see shooting it and processing as B&W if you already own the junk, but not spending money to buy it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F
    It would be good for demo and practice film for students, so they can learn to load 120 onto steel reels. We have plenty of 35mm for demo and practice, but no 120.
    The Shanghai 100 from Frugal Photographer is cheaper than the opening bid.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post

Oh. But once you consider shipping, it's going for more than the price of fresh, purpose made black and white Fuji Acros. Some people are just nutz!
    Freestyle Arista re-branded Foma is $2.49 a roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hell it took from February to Mid-May of posting in APUG for me to give away four rolls of 36 exposure ISO 64 and ISO 200!

Other than to have the bragging rights, why would one want a color slide film that cannot be processed for color slides?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I hadn't looked at the price yet when I wrote that. Ridiculous! I was thinking maybe a quarter or 50 cents a roll....
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F
    I hadn't looked at the price yet when I wrote that. Ridiculous! I was thinking maybe a quarter or 50 cents a roll....
    I just noticed it a couple of days ago. I think it was $99 for 50 rolls. Cheap film, cheap price. Good for practice and testing repairs.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass
    Hell it took from February to Mid-May of posting in APUG for me to give away four rolls of 36 exposure ISO 64 and ISO 200!

Other than to have the bragging rights, why would one want a color slide film that cannot be processed for color slides?
    I can see "wanting it" as a toy. Like I said earlier I have a brick in my freezer just like it. And I probably wouldn't sell it for $50.

And I do have a little hope that one could learn to process it by hand, at least the 135 stuff.

I sort of kept looking for someone to dump a boatload of it on eBay. But everybody wants more than it cost when you could get it processed.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 05-17-2011 at 06:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can see "wanting it" as a toy. Like I said earlier I have a brick in my freezer just like it. And I probably wouldn't sell it for $50.
    Hi Michael, Hows About $ixty ???

Ron

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin