Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 721

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

I love my broken Rolleicord

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of repair.

Load and advance film to frame 1, but shutter does not cock. (No resistance.) Strangely, I have to go through the motion of cocking the shutter, then releasing it (shutter does not open) before advancing to the next frame.

If ya'll got a Rollei guy out there who might be able to help, please point me in that direction.

Thanks up front for the help. Check back tommorrow p.m.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Which model Rolleicord is this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    the Rolleicord does not have a self-cocking shutter, you have to cock the shutter after the film-transport by hand. The camera has a double-exposure lock which prevents to make two expositions on one negative. The transport is only possible after release of the shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    the Rolleicord does not have a self-cocking shutter, you have to cock the shutter after the film-transport by hand. The camera has a double-exposure lock which prevents to make two expositions on one negative. The transport is only possible after release of the shutter.
    That's certainly the way mine works.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello,
    The double-exposure lock is only on a few of the models. My III does not have that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Hello,
    My Va2 certainly does not have a self cocking shutter, works just like yours,
    Richard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://www.krimarphoto.com/
    This guy is good, trained by Rollei, and really quick. In NJ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can invest $3US and get the manual from http://www.butkus.org/chinon/rolleiflex.htm, thus saving you time and avoid making a damaging mistake by trial and error.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That Krimar link does it, thanks much.

Sorry, I was not clear in explaining the malfunction. There is no resistance in the lever that cocks the shutter, and thus the shutter does not cock. However, the motion of cocking and releasing the shutter lever still allows film to be advanced. Film is not allowed to advance unless this motion is made, the it feels as if the lever is no longer attached to anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you love your Rolleicord enough to get it repaired ?
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin