Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,245   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the same problem with my 1st C330. My 2nd one works fine. I've never used it. Always tried to memorize DOF tables. Yeah right!! LOL

Craig
    digital is only good for computers & telephones NOT for photography & music

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same problem here, I noticed after the camera came back from an advance mechanism repair. Never bothered to fix it.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Give this a try.
    The white piece you see blocking the window goes behind the scale rod (IIRC). Yours seems to be laying on top of the scale rod in the window. Follow the attached link, (pg 20-21 (?). Remove the scale rod; use a small piece of wire to lay the white tab towards the interior of the camera; re-insert/re-install the scale rod with the white tab behind the scale rod in the window.
    I think that white tab is more of a bearing surface, and may not cause much, if any problem, if it were removed entirely.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_...ya_c330s-1.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The distance scale shaft is not what makes the window move. There's a little latch activated by the protruding screw more on the upper strut, in red on the photo.

I tried pushing the little latch by hand with a trombone, but to no avail. The linking mechanism between the latch and the moving window must be uncoupled, and that would probably require opening the side of the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture d’écran 2011-05-28 à 13.09.49.png  
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The moving window was not the smartest part of the C330 series design. Since it is a linear scale it is never easy to read, and really not sensitive enough for fine focus. The earlier scales used for the C220/C3 or the plates on the C33 were better. You can calibrate your own set of scales based on lensboard extension from the body, and even add in some hyperfocal distance marks.

I cannot remember the last time I looked at the distance scale. If I need to know the distance it is short enough to measure. But I have a reasonable eye for distance and a good feel for DoF behavior with different lenses.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin