Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,460   Online: 1058

Shooter
    35mm

Problem with Pentax 67

Hi Guys,
    Just before I submit my new 67 body to Shutterbox for repair could anyone on APUG suggest a remedy?
    It's an excellent condition body purchased recently. I put two rolls through it which worked perfectly. Mirror is now locked halfway up. Pressing the battery check, and the red LED doesn't come on.
    I replaced the battery but still the same.

Battery compartment is clean. Body hadn't been dropped, it's a complete mystery.
    Very upset! Any suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to a google search, there is a small button on the front of the camera to reset the camera. Have you tried that?

Shooter
    35mm
    I hadn't tried that, or even knew of its existence. I have since and the camera is fully functional again. Thanks so much. Just proves the point, when all else fails, read the instructions! Cheers!

Shooter
    35mm
    A similar problem can happen with the Minolta XM / XK. If the battery fails and the shutter is released, the mirror locks up. Apparently some Minolta XM are sold as defective for this reason. In order to free the mirror one has to activate a certain minuscule push-button. Minolta engineers did - as ever - the right thing and put the push-button in the thread of the cover of the battery compartment. When you take out the battery cover, you activate the button. The button is visible so, in case the thread does not activate it on an old camera, one can activate it with a fingernail.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a similar problem with the Pentax 67 currently. And after depressing that little black button, the mirror flips up and stays there.

Can't advance the winding gear, can't make it work.

Any solutions?
    "If you open your mind for me, you won't rely on open eyes to see."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fattyale View Post
    I have a similar problem with the Pentax 67 currently. And after depressing that little black button, the mirror flips up and stays there.

Can't advance the winding gear, can't make it work.

Any solutions?
    After the "safety button" is depressed and the mirror goes up you will need to fire the shutter.
    Film? What's that? It's like digital, only better

Flickr - Nightfly Photography
    Nightfly Astrophotography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin