Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,511   Online: 785

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

problems with rollei TLR

okay, I have a rolleimagic II that seems to ruin every roll of film.
    i can't tell if the aperture or the shutter is correct, as every roll put through it turns into lines running the length of the film strip.
    i put a couple test rolls through it when I first got it, and both them turned out...
    unusable, except for abstract art. and barely for that.
    i don't think it was surge marks, as i did not develop very vigorously, and I ran a roll of the same film through a holga, and developed it more vigorously than i should have(not enough developer, so i had to constantly roll the tank on it's side.)
    no problems from the holga.
    is there some metal bar or something in the camera that may be damaging the film?
    or maybe is the camera damaging the film just enough that it becomes really prone to surging?
    the film was Arista EDU 200 ISO.
    could I just have a bad roll or two?
    thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you post a scan of the negatives?

Is there anything of an image of the photograph you took?

Are you sure you are not loading the film correctly? I am not familiar with Rolleis so cant help with that bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Can you post an image of what you are getting? Are you only getting the problem in the frame or is the problem thru out the film strip. Meaning is the problem only happening in the area that you exposed?

I have never had a problem as you described on my Rollei. However, I did have a similar problem on my Baby Rollei.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you loading the camera correctly? The Type I has a marker to line up. The Type II has the 'Automat' automatic loading, so the film has to go between th e rollers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    Can you post a scan of the negatives?

Is there anything of an image of the photograph you took?

Are you sure you are not loading the film correctly? I am not familiar with Rolleis so cant help with that bit.
    well, there are dark and light parallel streaks down the length of the film.
    I'm loading the film as the manual says and shows.
    maybe i have some grime built up somewhere that scrapes up my emulsion?
    I'll try cleaning it thoroughly and seeing what happens.
    Well, i have a scan, I will try to downsize it to post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Are you loading the camera correctly? The Type I has a marker to line up. The Type II has the 'Automat' automatic loading, so the film has to go between th e rollers.
    between what two rollers? I have my camera open in front of me, and the only two rollers are on both sides of the metal housing behind the taking lens. one on the side of the feed spool and the other on the side of the take up spool. there is a small red mark on both sides to line up the start arrows with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Honestly, trying to get help for a film problem without posting an example is almost always a waste of time. And providing an example is almost always the beginning of a happy solution.

Shooter
    Large Format
    okay, well i saved none of the scans, due to their uselessness at the time I made them.
    However, I thank you all for your help, but the shutter stopped working, and I will just take it in for a CLA and mention the film issue.
    Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
    between what two rollers? I have my camera open in front of me, and the only two rollers are on both sides of the metal housing behind the taking lens. one on the side of the feed spool and the other on the side of the take up spool. there is a small red mark on both sides to line up the start arrows with.
    Ok sounds like you have the Type I then. So the film just goes over the rollers, like you are probably already doing. Need a scan of the negatives to suggest more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Give the sample film to whoever works on your camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin