Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,868   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

side by side Leica M/Mamiya 7ii

hello APUGers could someone with access to both an M and an M7ii please post a side by side picture ? im thinking about snagging the Mamiya but i'm a bit concerned about its size. also... does anyone know of a Mamiya dealer in Berlin ?

thanks'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't help you with a dealer in Berlin, but here's a pic of a Mamiya 7 with a Leica M4P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LeicaMamiya.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks a lot Suzanne, i didn't know the M7ii was that much bigger. i think i changed my mind thanks again !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica is a great camera, but you can't beat a larger negative!

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The Mamiya 7II is larger, but very lightweight. I traveled around Italy with two bodies and a set of lenses. Wasn't an issue.

This image was made with a 7II (not from Italy - grin):

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photog...rtraits.html#3
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have both and they are great cameras. On the issue of size, I actually find the Leica too small. I have trouble with the aperture controls on normal and short lenses. But, I'm 6'2" tall and I have pretty big hands.

Shooter
    35mm
    i hear you Jeff and i agree but i'm not sure i would feel comfortable carrying a bigger body and a longer lens (80mm F4.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Leica is a great camera, but you can't beat a larger negative!

Jeff
    that's a great looking photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    The Mamiya 7II is larger, but very lightweight. I traveled around Italy with two bodies and a set of lenses. Wasn't an issue.

This image was made with a 7II (not from Italy - grin):
    Last edited by LChanyungco; 05-30-2011 at 02:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    well there we go. i'm only 5ft9. "carnies, circus folk, nomads you know, smell like cabbage, small hands..."

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Friday View Post
    On the issue of size, I actually find the Leica too small. I have trouble with the aperture controls on normal and short lenses. But, I'm 6'2" tall and I have pretty big hands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want the bigger format (6x7cm) and the same weight like a Leica M and a fixed lens 3,5/80mm is not a problem you should look at the Fuji/Cosina Voigtländer Bessa III 667. It's a real compact folder 6x6cm and 6x7cm format camera.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LChanyungco View Post
    i hear you Jeff and i agree but i'm not sure i would feel comfortable carrying a bigger body and a longer lens (80mm F4.)
    Longer lens? The 80mm is about the lightest/smallest lens for that camera. It's smaller than the 43mm, 65mm, and 150mm etc. It's pretty darn light and about as easy to use as any other 35mm out there. Go for the bigger negative and the best possible glass out there, it surely cannot disappoint.
    K.S. Klain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin