Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,509   Online: 1229

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Dedicated Medium Format Photography Forum?

There are dedicated forums such as the Large Format Photography Forum and Rangefinderforum and a plethora of digital photography forums. Is there a dedicated medium format photography forum?
    Last edited by Jay Decker; 05-30-2011 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, we like MF quite a lot here, if you look at the forums.

We also like 35mm, Large format, and other sundry types of camera.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    Well, we like MF quite a lot here, if you look at the forums.

We also like 35mm, Large format, and other sundry types of camera.
    That is true!

It strikes me that "Medium Format" is relegated to the status of just another forum within film community forums when so many other formats have their own dedicated forum communities. I enjoy medium format and something within me asks "doesn't medium format merit having its own community?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are here!

If you want to talk about digital medium format, you can try DPUG.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    If you want to talk about digital medium format, you can try DPUG.
    Nope... I am afflicted with film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are forums specific to a given camera (Rollei forum, Hasselblad forum, and the defunct Mamiya boards), but no strictly gear-oriented equivalent of the RFF for medium format.

At any rate, all forums cross purposes: APUG has all sizes, all techniques analog; RFF has all RF (incl. MF ones) in addition to TLR and SLR sub-forums; photo.net has its own latitudinarian selection, the Zeiss Ikon users cross both RF, SLR, all sizes, and so on.

In the end, you can discuss MF-related issues everywhere. Some of us actually are denizens of multiple forums. In the end it's about choosing your gang: you may prefer discussing MF on a given forum rather than on another.

Choose your gang.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why another discussion board? Just talk about it here!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Because not all formats come in small, large, extra large. The medium of medium is an exclusive club similar in nature to 35mm and should deserve it's own place.

Roll 'em up and head 'em out!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Because not all formats come in small, large, extra large. The medium of medium is an exclusive club similar in nature to 35mm and should deserve it's own place.

Roll 'em up and head 'em out!
    Yes, I do think that medium format does deserve its own place. A place where there is Rollie TLR forum, Rollie SLR forum, a Yashica TLR forum, Hasselblad SLR forum, and Bronica SLR forums, etc. Would it make a difference if we were more united in a medium format forum and less fractured? Maybe some organized soul would take on the crusade to get Kodak to make runs of 220 film again. Or, maybe if there was a Bronica SLR forum there would be someone who could show me how to make a tool to release an extension tube that won't come off my SQ-Ai body. Maybe the work of someone else would motivate you to get a Pentacon Six with a Sonar lens that breathes new life into your photography.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin