Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,714   Online: 934

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was at Chaco canyon with my Mamiya c330 and a 250mm sticking off the end. Everyone, including the ranger, were interested in it. Actually, while composing a shot, it looked like I was giving one of those Ranger talks...pretty funny.

One thing that is consistent with these beautiful, big cameras, is that people always smile. I've never seen someone frown. There's power in these boxes.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had a few people stare, but other than from fellow film shooters, not many comments. I think people are afraid of me when I'm toting the Pentax 6x7 around. I did have my P645 out in a group of people with DSLRs a couple of weeks ago (touring a light station at Big Sur), and it wasn't the look of the camera that attracted attention so much as the sound of the winder! People don't hear much of that sound anymore, but they remember it from a few years ago.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard Avedon's favorite camera was the Rollei. The camera has a mystique about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While not quite a Rolleiflex, my Yashica Mat gets a good amount of attention pretty much every time that I take it out shooting in a people-y place. It's very cool though because the comments are always very positive, people are always interested in it and find it cool to see that someone young is using such an old camera. I hope to go full out and get a Rolleiflex someday (when I'm not a jobless university student), but for now my Yashica Mat does very well. Minolta Autocords are very awesome as well, but they're harder to find.

Shooter
    35mm
    Back in the mid-1980s I bought a Yashica 124G brand new. When I would pull it out
    to shoot people would smile and comment on my "antique camera." They didn't
    believe me when I told them it was brand new and a current model.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin