Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,003   Online: 860

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Price of Mamiya RB67?

Hi.

I am new to MF and is set on buying a TLR here on APUG for a nice price, but my father is asking me to ask this on here (). He insists that I at least look on SLRs, as he is willing to chip in on one (he is probably planning on using the new camera himself).

What is a fair price on a Mamiya RB67 Pro S?

I am located in Denmark and am able to purchase one here (the US is cheaper, but customs is always a risk).
    The seller is asking around $400 for one, which includes:

- Camera - Mamiya RB67 Pro S
    - Lens Mamiya K/L 4,5/180
    - Mamiya lens cap
    - Mamiya waist finder
    - Mamiya ground glass maginifier (with exposure meter, but unsure if it works, possibly due to battery problem. I am asking him about this)
    - ProS 120 film back

Cosmetically okay, not that I really care.

Is this a fair price? Should I go for it? I do like the format.

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just heard back from him -- light meter is not working..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy it! I sold my pro-S with a 90 C, W/L finder, three backs, OEM caps for $560. I'm on the other side of the strait, in Sweden. It's a good price, and if you need a normal lens, the 90 C is cheap as chips.

I have a TLR you can have extremely cheap if you like. 150 DKK?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Uh, enticing. Which is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a japanese 'Moonflex', tri-lausar lens, meaning it was likely made by Tomioka (tomioka provided lenses for Yashica). There seem to be a few of them here in Sweden, so probably it's a swedish importer who rebranded them. Quite common thing apparently. The shutter is good, times are snappy and correct, PC-sync works, the self timer even works. The two caveats are that the former owner had replaced the leatherette with some dark red vinyl. Far from good looking, good looking from a far, but kind of nice to hold, squishy and supple but still good grip. And secondly, the view finder lid has been reworked at some point. It doesn't close so smoothly, and the focusing loupe is a bit of a struggle to get up. Other than that it's a nice camera. Have used it extensively while travelling (the shutter worked in -40 degrees, think of that for a while, a test few vintage cameras can stand!). A scanned neg from it even made it to a magazine once!

EDIT: Sorry, only the lens was made by Tomioka, it's more likely made by Tougodo.
    Last edited by olleorama; 06-02-2011 at 03:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It doesn't sound bad, no.

PM me :-) (shipping, paypal (?). etc)

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    I recently accidentally won an RB67 Pro-SD, WLF, 2 manual and 1 motorized back, 50 and 180 C lenses, and a hard case, for $375 shipped. I say accidentally because I didn't think it would go for less than $400.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds very cheap. Just goes to show how much better it is to live in the US when it comes to buying stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't know you could get a light meter "built in" to an RB67.
    In any case, I have an RB67 Pro S and love it. $400 doesn't sound bad to me if everything besides the meter is in good shape.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I recently accidentally won an RB67 Pro-SD, WLF, 2 manual and 1 motorized back, 50 and 180 C lenses, and a hard case, for $375 shipped. I say accidentally because I didn't think it would go for less than $400.
    Did you get it in a raffle or something? Quite a prize!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin