Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,055   Online: 1043

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

which is more portable? 500cm vs c330

Ive been wrestling with this question for the longest time. In the perfect world i wouldnt have to choose and get both. With a little luck ill stir a hornets nest with a healthy discussion.

I also welcome other suggestions. things im looking for with my camera, 50mm and 80mm focal lengths, waist level viewfinders and square 6x6 format.

In your opinion, which is easier to carry around? With film and lenses? It will be used mostly for travel when my 4x5 is too big.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Hasselblad with a 250mm, 350mm or 500mm lens and a 2X extender.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A C330 is't much smaller than a folding 4x5.
    IMO a Hasselblad with the two lenses you mention would be easier to carry around than a c330.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Steve, I wanted you to know that your message with your signature put a huge smile on my face. Back to the issue; your bias is obvious, but both of you appear to be correct.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had both (Hassy currently) and a C220 kit. The mamiya kit is definitely easier because the second lens weighs almost nothing and takes little space. If you want to cut the weight, though, definitely consider the C220 instead of the C220.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I owned a 500cm with a silver 50/4 and I found that combo heavier, noisier, and more cumbersome to carry around then my current C220 and 80/2.8.

I tried out a C330 with an 80/2.8, shot a roll through it, before finding my C220 and the extra weight made it also cumbersome to carry around. I much prefer my C220. The C220 is not much different in exterior dimensions to the C330, but I guess because of the extra weight it made it feel larger when in reality it is only slightly smaller in each dimension.

I ended up returning the 500cm after about a week, purchased from KEH, as I liked the C220 more. The 500cm I received also had light leak issues. If you purchase a 500cm buy it from a photographer that has used it regularly or from a place with a return policy. However, I hear it is a simple enough fix if you do get a bad one.
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TLR's , including the one you mentioned, are smaller then Hasselblads, and are easier to find space for in the travel bag in my opinion as they are quite compact shapes with not much producing. They are not MUCH smaller then the Hassy though. if you dont care between the two, and dont need the features of the SLR then in my opinion the TLR is much more hand holdable (no mirror slap) and as quiet as can be for a camera, which makes it a great travel camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    ever consider a Rolleiflex? no interchangeable lens but great photos, small, quiet
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For street shooting its my C-220 over my C-330. I packed Kowa Super 66's for a long time, and The Hassy isn't any treat for me. I much prefer TLR's to SLR medium formats. They are immensly quieter and I like not loosing the view when the shutter trips, making for a faster second shot..
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think there's much difference in size. Neither camera is lightweight.
    It will come down to how you like the handling of the device.
    The Hasselblad is a much more elegant design with no sharp corners. The focus uses a helical and the camera hangs lens down when carried on a strap.
    A majority of the weight is in the lens/shutter bits.

The Mamiya TLR's have a more crude,industrial look to them. Flat planes and sharp corners with a rack and pinion focus. It hangs lens forward when on a strap. I think Mamiya has fewer operating idiosyncrasies than the Hasselblad.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin