Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,993   Online: 814

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P67 or Hassie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    6x6 v.s Pentax 6x7 think again :-)
    Last edited by JS MD; 06-11-2011 at 09:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget the Bronica GS-1 as another possibility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bronica GS - is a piece of brick . Bronica Lenses has an issues

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JS MD View Post
    6x6 v.s Pentax 6x7 think again :-)

1. Hasselblad is still supported.
    2. Hasselblad components are readily available and still relatively cheap.
    3. Pentax is 6x7 and there are few if any slide projectors that handle that size.
    4. If you find a slide projector that handles 6x7, where would the OP get slide holders for it.

This is not about what we want or would buy. The OP specifically address the ability to take and project slides.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JS MD View Post
    Bronica GS - is a piece of brick . Bronica Lenses has an issues
    Are you speaking from experience? My GS-1 has been fabulous and has had no issues with its lenses. It can also shoot 6x6 and 6x4.5, along with 6x7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re: Sirius Glass
    Are we talking about digital file projector ?
    Re: Tony-S
    I'm always speaking from my exp . :-) Let's put this way Pentax lenses outperform Bronica Lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I sold my Hassy as it just didn't feel right in my hands, too front heavy with my 60mm, and I found out I'm just not a waist level type of guy. I really prefer the camera at eye level and being able to make focus changes if I pan without having to lower it. I do know that there are those that use it extensively for everything, and the square does fit some peoples perspective, but each to their own. My Rollei SLR had a bigger and better screen and and a very good metering system built in, but unless your going 6008 Pro at least it's not worth it and lenses are way expensive.
    If you use to setting aperture or shutter on a late model 35mm camera, anything without meter and auto aperture is a lesson in using a handheld meter and setting the lens manually and locking up the mirror if need be. It's not that it's bad, it's just slower. Conversely, I've used the P67II and it was light and fast with good readouts from what I remember. So, it would really would behoove you to put your hands on both if possible as your comparing apples to oranges here. I do know you can rent the Hassy with enough credit to cover the outfit, so maybe start there and see how that goes. If it doesn't fit, you've probably saved yourself an easy $ grand at least and can move on to the next idea.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like slides; the bigger, the better. I tried using my Hasselblad for slides, but was not happy with the results. I tried 6x7 slides and XPan and much prefer them to the smaller ones. The Pentax 67 or 67II is easier for composing and use with filters, but I also use an XPan and the Mamiya 7 or 7II with slide film.

Google "Gepe slide" for mounts and look at their medium format glass slides. Use the "anti-Newton" glass slides for best results.

I bought my Goetschmann projector some time ago and have not contacted them lately, but they still maintain a web page with contact details.

http://www.goetschmann.de/index.html

If I were looking for a projector, for 6x7 and XPan, I would start there. A less expensive projector you might see for sale, used, would be the Mamiya Pro-Cabin 67Z. For the smaller 6x6 size slides, look for the Rollei 66 dual P projector.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it depends greatly on the format you prefer. I never warmed to the square format, some love it. Pentax 67II prices have actually gone up in recent months, a clean 67II with the AE prism will be around $1000, if not more. You can get a 67 MLU body much cheaper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dorigatti View Post
    3 second exposure and tack sharp! Wow, I'd be interested if you could share some details. I am about to use my Hasselblads V series and any tips on hand holding them will be very much appreciated.
    I just used my arms as a tripod, put on a cable release, composed my shot, held my breath, hit the release...breath. I had to take a few to get it right, but it worked. It was in a tunnel where graffiti artists were painting, so I didn't bring a tripod -it would draw too much attention and I need to be lighter if running away was necessary. Not a lot of time to set up and take down.

Bronica, Hasselblad, Pentax....all will produce amazing results depending on how well you use them. I have prints I guarantee less than 10 members on this forum would be able to tell apart at 16x20 of all three systems. There are more factors in quality than just the camera (film/developer combination, printing methods, how you actually shoot the camera, lighting conditions, etc.). Like most of us, you might have to play around with different ones to see what you like. It's kinda like asking "which craft beer is best?". Even though you may have 3-5 craft beers that have the same calibre, you're going to have a preference. I would really like to see some tangible evidence from those who say "Pentax is better than Bronica" and the like. I've seen some people get better prints from a Mamiya TLR 6x6 than some photographers get with a Hasselblad. The machine will only go so far. The person who operates it will determine the best quality. Like many members of this forum, you might have to try out a few to see what works best for you and what you can get the best results from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin