Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,744   Online: 796

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P67 or Hassie

Shooter
    35mm
    as an amateur won't be getting a MF projector
    RB78 or RZs are just too large.

Thanks, will look at the Hassie 500 CMs ...
    Prefer to go larger than 645. Don't need backs but the square units do have allure. I shoot mostly off a tripod even with my digital and film Nikons. On avg I shoot 25 per day on digital and 12 per day with film. I only use slow slide film.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just changed from an RB67 and Mamiya 645 to a 67ii. Pricey little things! Takes a while to get use to loading and unloading it - still not there yet. But the Glass is amazing and the usability is just great! I also have a TLR, which is currently sitting empty as I have no real use for it anymore.

The only advantage I can see the Hassie has is the interchangeable backs, which I miss about my 645. Otherwise, I think the 67 is the way to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget you can always crop your 67 to 66 but hard to stretch 66 to 67.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JS MD View Post
    I'm always speaking from my exp . :-) Let's put this way Pentax lenses outperform Bronica Lenses
    If by "outperform" you mean faster apertures, wider selection and minimum focus distance, I agree. But in all other respects they are equal and in some instances the PG lenses are better (e.g., in-lens shutters, faster sync speeds). Personally, I find the Pentax 67 too limiting for what I do so I guess the OP is going to have to decide what suits his needs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JS MD View Post
    Re: Sirius Glass
    Are we talking about digital file projector ?
    Re: Tony-S
    I'm always speaking from my exp . :-) Let's put this way Pentax lenses outperform Bronica Lenses
    A real slide projector that uses slides and project light through the slide and optics. Not a digi-snapper's delight that wipes out the resolution and color gamut.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I sold my Hassy as it just didn't feel right in my hands, too front heavy with my 60mm, and I found out I'm just not a waist level type of guy. I really prefer the camera at eye level and being able to make focus changes if I pan without having to lower it.
    Any of a number of Hasselblad prism finders would have solved that problem without you selling your equipment for less than you paid. I find that my Hasselblad with a 45º prism handles like a slightly large 35mm SLR.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Any of a number of Hasselblad prism finders would have solved that problem without you selling your equipment for less than you paid. I find that my Hasselblad with a 45º prism handles like a slightly large 35mm SLR.

Steve
    Steve I have never heard of anyone comparing a Hassy body with prism to a 35mm camera. (^:

Maye the OP should consider a TLR. Get the feet wet so to say. Light, resell-able, decent lens if the right camera, travels well, even a meter on some.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree the OP has to balance cost, personal handling desires, and how the camera will be expected to be used.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I changed from Nikon F2 to P67II because I wanted the largest slides I can project without hassle. A small Goetschmann projector like my G67 is not that expensive and the experience of a projected 6x7 slide is unique. My P67II has served me for 13 years without any problems. The same holds for my Pentax lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    I still shoot Nikons but have thought about going to MF other than when I need to be mobile. I like to shoot slides.
    Hassie?! Get an old-school focal-plane Bronica (S, S2, S2a, EC, EC-TL etc.). Then you can go MF and shoot Nikons.

If you feel that slides require inbuilt metering, then admittedly you need the EC-TL or the unbelievably wonky add-on metering prism for the other models (toggle switches! coiled wires! oh boy!)

--Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin