Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,573   Online: 847

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Had A Rolleicord VA2 for a year now, to go with my Rolleiflex, and would't be without either of them,
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    rich, not sure if you were asking me or cjbecker ... mine has a triotar

is it normal for the camera-frame -counter not to be in sync with the frames
    on the paper ??

i'll know for sure when i process

good to know other rolliecord users here !

- john
    Last edited by jnanian; 06-12-2011 at 11:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rich i have a xenar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have a Rolecord III that I bought couple of years ago. First thing I did was changing the GG (original one pretty dimm). There is a fellow who sells better GG at reasonable price but I don't recall his whereabouts right now. John, if you need when I get home I can PM you the contact details of this guy.
    I'm very happy with my Rolleicord, took some nice pictures with it. Mine has the Xenar lens.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

new-to-me rolleicord v !!!

just got a new-to-me rolleicord v!!!

my good fortune brought me one in very nice condition - except sticky slow shutter speeds.

my first rollei TLR!!! (have a rollei 6002, i looooove in spite of its weight)

i had casually been reading threads here and at rff and at nelsonfoto about rolleicords. seemed the rolleicord v in particular has a quite a following...and then i found one priced about in the middle of what "they should go for" ...and the rest is...here!!!

i haven't been this jazzed about a camera in awhile.

the aperture and shutter speed controls move nicely without being too stiff or too loose...the shutter sets and fires as it should (except for those #@*!!#^!! slow shutter speeds).

the the viewing and taking lens are in good shape...the focus knob is smooth and the film advance seems smooth enough...

the back opens and closes without a hitch (no pun intended ) ...the viewing hood and magnifier work smoothly...

came with a rollei lens cap and a short padded strap. now to get a bay 1 hood and an orange filter for - my favorite b&w filter.

it soooooo small and light!!!

yikes, yowee and zowee!!

breathe, relax and enjoy.
    sg, aka smiling gecko, aka kenneth
    www.neverforgetbeslan.org

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a nice looking Rolleicord VB that was sent off to Harry Fleenor for a CLA and a bright Maxwell split screen. It's my baby.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a nice Vb and all works well. I've had V, MX, MX-EVS, 2.8E/Planar. They are all great. I like the Vb as much as any of the others. Small and light with great results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have to take the front off of mine to sort out a minor problem. Occasionally when winding the focus back to infinity, it gets stuck on something and dosesnt go all the way back. A tap on the side sorts it out so there must be something loose in there.
    And I have just done it. There are a couple of spacer pieces which go between the front plate and the focusing mechanism mount with the four screw holes. They look a little bit like long thin spanners. I think some of the screws were loose and one of these was occasionally catching on something.

Anyway, it seems to work now but I must have put the front back on only to take it off about seventeen times until I got the double exposure prevention/film wind stop mechanisms correctly linked up!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the mid 80's my father and I bought a secondhand Vb for £60, in beautiful shape and used it for years. It had a Xenar lens which gave unbelievable results. I still have large B/W prints I made at the time, the sharpness amazes me now, even after years of using a Rolleiflex 3.5f Planar. The 'cord is a lovely camera, real quality in a small package!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
    It had a Xenar lens which gave unbelievable results. I still have large B/W prints I made at the time, the sharpness amazes me now
    Mine has the Xenar lens too and I agree, it is a very good sharp lens.

I have stated before that if I could only keep one of my cameras, it would be the Rolleicord.

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin