Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,989   Online: 1009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Quick Question on Bronica Body Caps

Hi all. I'm looking for some spare body caps for my new Bronica S2A. I need to know if the body cap for the ETR will fit the mount on the body of a S2A? Thank you.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    my bronica body cap ( there might be two type - one straight onto the body with no focus helicoid and one onto the 57x1 lens mount on the helicoid. my one is the second ) engages the bayonet mount teeth outside of the 57x1 tube so i suspect the caps are camera specific. hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea, I mean the caps that fit straight onto the camera body without the focus helicoid. Is this the came for the S2A and ETR? Can anyone link to a source for the body cap I need?
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe Koh's Camera could help you.
    http://kohscamera.com
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm curious: Why would you need to cap the body without the helical? That sounds to me like you would then have one more piece of kit to stow in your bag separately (the helical) and for the privilege you'll probably pay USD 40 or similar for an anatomically correct original cap. (For comparison: a 150 mm Zenzanon just went for USD 28 on US eBay yesterday!)

I guess I could see doing it if you've got one of the 300 mm or longer lenses that don't use the helical, then when finished shooting you unmount that lens, stow it, and don't want to reinstall the helical plus a short lens (presumably the 75 mm) with lenscap just to cover the body.

--Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm curious: Why would you need to cap the body without the helical?
    I make homebrew lenses. A body cap provides an ideal base for a mounting unit. Simple as that
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh...I forgot about the possible use as a lens board. Good one! No doubt you've seen this eBay listing that went up today and purports to be "lens body caps" -- the phrasing of an obvious non-expert in cameras. (I've no relation to or knowledge of the seller, etc. etc. -- usual disclaimer.)
    --Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm pretty sure that the body cap for ETR won't fit the S2A, as the mount is completely different. Also the mount between the helical and the body. I also think you will have a hard time actually finding the right cap, because they are quite rare. I can't even remember ever seeing one on eBay.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trond is correct. ETR caps wont fit an S2A. No worries though, 3 of the caps I need for my S2A are being shipped to me as we speak
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Trond is correct. ETR caps wont fit an S2A. No worries though, 3 of the caps I need for my S2A are being shipped to me as we speak
    Interesting! Where did you find them?

Trond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin