Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,259   Online: 770

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Given your goal of value of $1,000.00 or more and depending on condition, I think you did well and I would not give anything for the A-24 back.

Get the NC-2 non-metering 45 degree finder and make sure it is adjustable for focus. They may all be adjustable for focus, off hand I do not remember if any were not--just be sure yours is. I use and, sometimes, cuss the 45 degree PME but, I have tried the 90 degree version and cannot stand and will not use it. Mostly, I use a hand-held spot meter and the NC-2. That said, the standard waist level finder is useful for critical focusing with its magnifier, when you need it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't get discouraged with focussing.
    It takes a bit of using the camera before you feel confident.

As to the kiev finder, I see a lot of them with dead meters but I don't have experience with one.
    I have the NC2 and a magnified chimney finder.
    I mostly use the finders for tripod work and much prefer the wlf for handheld stuff.

SFC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might know about the way in which you can jam a Hasselblad (you have to make sure the lens and body are both cocked), but there is another way to jam:
    Do NOT attempt to wind the film until you have taken your finger off the shutter release! This could be a problem with using your left hand to trigger the release and right for winding. Because the rear shutter stays open until you release the shutter button, attempting to wind the film with the rear shutter doors still open can cause a jam.

One more: My 500c/m is very fussy about the way in which I've inserted the film in the holder. If you insert a roll and change your mind and take out the roll for use some other time, you may screw up the tension, in which case the next time you decide to use that roll, it may totally freak out the winding/tensioning system. Don't use that roll for anything of importance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmiec View Post
    What about the Kiev finders and prisms. They are inexpensive. Also for non metering what is the best prism (hasselblad) and why. I am sure it is subjective. I will mainly use this for general purpose shooting. Photo walks and some landsccape and nature stuff. I have a nice handheld meter.
    I had a Kiev finder on mine for a few years, until it committed harikari on a mountain top in Iceland. It worked as well as the Hassie NC2 finder I have now. And came with a cool little manual in Cyrillic. Like others, I have never had a 90 finder, but the 45 seems to work comfortably.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can I hang out with some of your friends who might also have more equipment like this, I could trade them a point and shoot digital for a Hasselblad any day. Even two PS digitals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin