Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,229   Posts: 1,659,889   Online: 636
      
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    Images
    17

    Amazon as a source for 120 films? Who would have thunk it?

    I just ordered and received 8 rolls of Kodak TMax 400 in 120 from Amazon for a future event. It arrived with Free Shipping (USPS with tracking), no State Sales Tax and fresh dates in the 2013 range, all the same batch. I was impressed.

    Price: $ 3.99 a roll (Minimum order for free shipping it $ 25.00)

    http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Professi...8140928&sr=8-4

    They have other films as well. I never considered them as a film source before, but I do look for zero tax and free shipping in whatever I acquire.

    Lee

  2. #2
    jnanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    17,979
    Blog Entries
    12
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I just ordered and received 8 rolls of Kodak TMax 400 in 120 from Amazon for a future event. It arrived with Free Shipping (USPS with tracking), no State Sales Tax and fresh dates in the 2013 range, all the same batch. I was impressed.

    Price: $ 3.99 a roll (Minimum order for free shipping it $ 25.00)

    http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Professi...8140928&sr=8-4

    They have other films as well. I never considered them as a film source before, but I do look for zero tax and free shipping in whatever I acquire.

    Lee
    hi lee

    you probably could get an extra 10 or 15% off as well if you subscribe+save
    so the dealer / amazon sends you the same amount of film every few months

  3. #3
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi lee

    you probably could get an extra 10 or 15% off as well if you subscribe+save
    so the dealer / amazon sends you the same amount of film every few months
    Never heard of this Amazon service. Will have to look into it, could be very motivating to up the shooting pace.

    Lee

  4. #4
    Diapositivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,844
    Thunk? Who could have thought people would be so creative with conjugations?
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

  5. #5
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Thunk? Who could have thought people would be so creative with conjugations?
    Just can not help myself. I was just released after 35 years in prison for hacking my English teacher from High School to death with an ax.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,932
    You too!

    Jeff

  7. #7
    Diapositivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Just can not help myself. I was just released after 35 years in prison for hacking my English teacher from High School to death with an ax.
    I suspect this remark was not axidental
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    602
    I love Amazon for buying film, but I am unfamiliar with buying in quantities that are not multiples of five.

    I find it easier to buy the 5 packs or 20 packs, I know I will shoot it all long before it expires. I just bought two 5 packs of Tmax 100 a couple of weeks ago and it's almost time to get some more.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

    Me

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    123
    This, from the O.E.D., including the first known use in print:

    (θʌŋk)

    Joc. var. think n.

    ***1922 Joyce Ulysses 503 Have a good old thunk.
    Geo.

  10. #10
    daleeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,057
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pgeobc View Post
    This, from the O.E.D., including the first known use in print:

    (θʌŋk)

    Joc. var. think n.

    ***1922 Joyce Ulysses 503 Have a good old thunk.
    OK, I'll take the bait....WHAAAAAT??????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin