Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,940   Online: 828

Images

Hasselblad Super-slide back Conversion?

I'm helping a friend sell her father's Hasselblad system. It is a 500C. There are a bunch of super-slide backs, A16S, and there are A16 backs, also. The buyer of the 500C would like mostly A12 backs. Can the other backs be converted to A12s? Is it worth it? Do the superslide backs have any value? They all need CLA and baffles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure you can convert them to A12 backs. I wouldn't worry about it though. Whoever get your camera can get used A12 backs pretty cheap nowadays. BTW you should counsel her to keep the Hassey if it's good working condition, IMHO. Treat it as a family heirloom.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Images
    Art, good advice. I did this, but she is sure she wants to sell it. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LG:
    Probably cheaper to buy A12 backs than to try converting 16S's. Mask, gearing, counter assy & labor etc. IF you can find someone willing to do the work

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin