Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,065   Online: 909

Shooter
    Large Format

Pentax 6x7 shutter speed dial broke

I have a "beater" Pentax 6x7 and the shutter speed dial broke today ... just spins. The shutter speed is now set at 125.

Because of the rough condition of the camera, I'm not sure it is worth sending in to get fixed.

Anybody had this issue? ... is it fixable? ... How, and how much?

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phin777 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Try tightening the little phillips screw on the side of the dial.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6x7 / 67 bodies are pretty complex in terms of engineering and repair costs could very easily exceed the monetary value of one or even two replacement bodies of equivalent or older or newer vintage, of which there surely must be millions around. The dial is linked to resistors and copper mesh and replacement usually requires fixing a lot more than what has failed, e.g.corroded circuitry or parts that have just worn out through old age. It's a great camera with a long heritage but it is not immune to the ravages of time and rough treatment.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin