Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,759   Online: 860

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    .........hpulley, "For 100B and 3000B Fuji has warmup times from frozen for their pack films in the data sheets."

I don't know where you are getting your information from,
    but freezing, peel apart, instant film, is not advisable, never has been.
    If you have information stating otherwise, please post URL's to those links.
    This is nothing more than wishful thinking, not fact.

IIRC, nowhere in Fuji literature has there ever been any reference to the words "Freezer" or "Frozen," or the mention of temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius, 32 degrees Fahrenheit when referencing long term storage of their, peel apart, instant films.

The term "Refrigerator" is used, but not "Freezer," and temps in the range of 10 degree C, 50 degrees F.

Fuji data sheet; half way down page 2, right side
    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins..._datasheet.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are plenty of Polaroid backs about on Ebay, the buy-it-now price seems to be around £90, but those that go to auction are £30-60. Check it comes with the P-adapter, but be prepared for the seller not knowing the answer. If you can see a photo of the front of the back (the dark slide facing you) there should be four screw heads visible and facing you if the adapter is fitted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There were several companies making, and/or modifying Polaroid backs, for a variety of cameras in the day.
    The link below identifies a distinction between Mamiya backs and those made/modified by NPC and others.

It states that the Mamiya backs also require the "P" Adapter, while the NPC backs don't need the adapter.
    Along with the advice of Alastair, (above), and the link (below), the non-Mamiya backs (NPC and othera) apparently had aspects of the "P" adapter, built into their backs for the RB's. The revolving adapter may need to be removed with either back.

With the absence of more experienced RBr's chiming in here, (I'm a RZ user) I would suggest contacting
    reputable re-sellers like KEH, in Georgia, or B&H, in New York.
    Don't bother with Adorama; they seem to be bothered with answering phone inquiries or emails: ie...they won't respond.

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00DRjU
    Last edited by Marc B.; 06-22-2011 at 12:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the manner of the link that Marc has given.. some recent/current listings that illustrate this topic..

This listing and this listing have the P-adapters visibly fitted (you can see the four screw heads and the two L-brackets.

I think that this listing is one of the third-party backs that doesn't require the P-adapter (can someone confirm?) - incidentally, I like the "remove before flight" tag on the darkslide, that's something I might add as there are no interlocks with a Polaroid back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my data from the Fuji data sheets for FP-100B and FP-3000B, both page 2 say:
    Store film under the following conditions.
    Refrigerated Storage: Below 10C (50F)
    Extended Term Storage: Below 0C(32F)
    How much clearer can it be???

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/fp3000b-ds.pdf
    http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/fp100b-ds.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    .........hpulley, "For 100B and 3000B Fuji has warmup times from frozen for their pack films in the data sheets."

I don't know where you are getting your information from,
    but freezing, peel apart, instant film, is not advisable, never has been.
    If you have information stating otherwise, please post URL's to those links.
    This is nothing more than wishful thinking, not fact.

IIRC, nowhere in Fuji literature has there ever been any reference to the words "Freezer" or "Frozen," or the mention of temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius, 32 degrees Fahrenheit when referencing long term storage of their, peel apart, instant films.

The term "Refrigerator" is used, but not "Freezer," and temps in the range of 10 degree C, 50 degrees F.

Fuji data sheet; half way down page 2, right side
    http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins..._datasheet.pdf
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though the how-to on the Japanese site and the pdf you pointed to does say 10C "use the fridge please", so it is inconsistent.
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/filmandc.../howto001.html

フィルムの保存温度は10℃以下に

■フィルムを長期保存する場合は、家庭用冷蔵庫をお使いください。

Perhaps I'll need to experiment with a pack.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I freezed FP-100c myself. No problem.

The "don't freeze instant film" is true for Polaroid products. Fuji was smart enough to solve this problem. Also Fuji instant film can be kept much longer after expiration, even unfrozen and even at room temperature, than Polaroid material. I have FP-100c that I bought expired (2 years in the shop) 7 years ago. Don't know how it was stored in the shop (guess at room temperature) but I stored it in the freezer, in the fridge, in the basement, at room temperature in this 7 years. (Depending on how much I needed the freezer or fridge for other things.) Now it's going onto his 10th year and still works. I had 60 packs, used 2 last year, have 40 to go. (Well... it was cheap and they gave plus discount for buying all they had avaible.)

Fuji FP material is suffering largely from urban legend that it inherited from Polaroid:
    - "bad resolution and unnatural colors" -- not true, this material very much approaches normal CN film in my opinion (and if you bleach the negative of FP-100c and scan from there you will approach MF or even LF).
    - "expensive" -- One FP-100c picture cost about 1,10 EUR, FP-3000B maybe 1,60 EUR. One frame of slide film would cost you more, one 10x15 print the same if you take in account material, developing and printing cost.
    - "can't be stored over expiration" -- not true again, don't know if you can store it as long as non-instant film but for shure it can be stored years to go

I never understood the need to support expensive experiments with PX film when at the same time Fuji offers much cheaper much better quality.

OK, now why I accessed this thread.
    I recently got a Fuji back for the RB67. (That means it is a back for Packfilm and it has the Fuji logo embossed in the plastic.) It goes onto the P-adapter.
    My question is how to load it and where would the picture placed on the film. Also is it of no importance which direction I fix it on the P-adapter?
    Last edited by Eugen Mezei; 01-30-2013 at 07:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

The HP701 doesn't need the P adapter.

I have the RB67 ProSD Polaroid Pack Film Holder HP701 and it does not require the P adapter. I have never used it but did mount it on the camera once. It seems to fit fine. No I do not want to sell it. I only paid $15 for it used from a pro photographer and he claimed to only use it a few times. I would look into that one as you don't need to monkey with the adapter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    I recently got a Fuji back for the RB67. (That means it is a back for Packfilm and it has the Fuji logo embossed in the plastic.) It goes onto the P-adapter.
    My question is how to load it and where would the picture placed on the film. Also is it of no importance which direction I fix it on the P-adapter?

Thinking of picking up one myself for the rb67, what is the fuji back that you picked up?
    I think, therefore I am.

"aham brahmasmi"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello!

Looking to acquire a polaroid back. I saw a few on ebay but some which said "may not be compatible with new fujifilm". Is there any such issues with the Backs that are either with a P-adapter or have that kind of inserts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin