Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,636   Online: 1006

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Out of curiosity, do people use these because they like the result of a Polaroid print, or is this more of a case of old-school chimping to verify lighting setup, etc?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    Out of curiosity, do people use these because they like the result of a Polaroid print, or is this more of a case of old-school chimping to verify lighting setup, etc?
    Me? Because I want to experiment with the polaroid prints (and the negatives, if I can manage that) and also because when I was out in the Kumbh Mela (travelogue), I was constantly asked to provide an instant print by people there, and I think, even in the age of digital everything, something physical like a print - even a polaroid print has major "Aha!" potential.

I prefer using a digital to verify lighting setup (although sometimes it may not stop down enough)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    I use them for fun, haha. The thing with lighting is the 3000b is rated so fast that I have trouble comparing it to what I'm shooting. Really, that's my lack of experience.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    some people will have used them for setup and grey scale but I used them as the deliverable...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin