Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 773

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

RB67 polaroid back

Is there a polaroid back for the RB67 that accepts currently available film?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes. The Polaroid backs for the RB67 accepted Polaroid land pack film, the Fuji FP film pack (not the Instax films) is a drop-in replacement for pack film, FP-100C is a colour ISO 100 pack film in glossy or silk finish, FP-3000B is a black and white ISO3200 pack film. FP-100B is/was a black and white ISO 100 pack film which may or may not have been discontinued, it's certainly difficult to get hold of at a reasonable price.

I picked up a Polaroid back last month, and the Fuji FP films work very well. The RB67 can't fill the image area of Polaroid/Fufi inatant film, so you get a square image and a couple of black bands either side where the receptive area of the film sits outside the projected image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Mamiya and NPC Land Polaroid backs work great in the RB67 with Fuji pack film. B&H has the cheapest prices I've seen and they still have the FP-100C, FP-100B (while it lasts, discontinued, though Fuji USA says they have so much they're worried they'll still have some after their 11/2011 and 12/2012 expiry dates so no real rush) and FP-3000B in stock.

Fuji USA may start dumping the FP-100B before it is stale dated so the prices could be good soon. Very sad as it is wonderful film but obviously we don't shoot enough of it. The FP-3000B works too, even outdoors so we'll still have color and B&W pack film options even when the 100B runs out but the 100B is better.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there only one flavor of RB67 polaroid back, then? Just wondering so that I don't accidentally buy the wrong one.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steer clear of the 545/545i backs. These backs were for sleeved, single sheet, instant film. This film has not be available new since 2008, and nobody else makes any instant film for these backs.

The 545/545i backs are easily identified by a toggle lever on the face of the device. (see link)

Also, remember that peel-apart instant film cannot be frozen for long-term storage, (the cellophane tube of developing chemicals rupture when frozen, and will then harden and dry out).

http://benneh.net/archives/lf/polaroid.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For 100B and 3000B Fuji has warmup times from frozen for their pack films in the data sheets. 24 hours for extended term storage under 0C. Time to freeze some FP-100B!

100C just says 10C so perhaps the color pack film is different and cannot be frozen.
    Last edited by hpulley; 06-16-2011 at 10:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    545/545i
    So I don't want 545 backs. What is the name of the back that I DO want?
    f/22 and be there.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    search on ebay for "mamiya rb67 polaroid back" and you will see the ones you want ready to go. they are not cheap. it's a mamiya universal/press polaroid back + a "mamiya p-adapter". you can buy them separate, may sometimes be cheaper.

kind regards

reinhard

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been thinking about getting one for my RB67 as well and I have found the above discussion very useful. One question I have is it possible to fit the RZ67 polaroid back onto a RB67?
    Stephen

Shooter
    35mm
    According to this chart, the RB and RZ Polaroid backs are not interchangeable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin