Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,757   Online: 1124

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I will dig for some brochures and see the dimensions of the P67 body alone.

I cannot really accept rangefinders b/c I use graduated filters. Althou Lee does have a special holder "Lee RF75" I think it would be cumbersome, plus it supports only medium size lenses. If I could one of my options might be a Fuji 6x9 RF!

Just hoping that the 1.7kg'ish of the P67 incl the 105mm. If not it's an extra 750g
    Last edited by rayonline_nz; 06-20-2011 at 04:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You'll definitely need Mirror Lock-up on the Pentax 67.

I use a P67II body and the shake and thwack of the big shutter makes MLU an essential in my opinion. The P67II has MLU and some of the later P67's I think, but you need to do a bit of research on that to confirm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The MLU will eliminate mirror vibration, but isn't the main source of the vibration of the P67 it's large FP shutter?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I could push the Hasselblad which I am very happy with, but buy what feels good in your hand and what you can afford.

Because of the Hasselblad prices, I had to spread out the lenses much longer than I would have liked.

Choose what is best for you.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    Could someone comment further on the Pentax? Is the Blad outfit with a normal lens the same size to a Pentax with a normal lens? Meaning - width, height and depth. Or ... is it more that the depth is more skinnier on the Pentax other than the lens sticking out?
    It's hard to answer because their shapes are so different. The Hassy is smaller,
    yes, and so are its lenses but it also provides a smaller film format than the
    Pentax. I have a P67 and I do use it hand held at times. It's ergonomics are just
    like an overgrown 35mm SLR. With the 90mm lens (the smallest for that camera)
    I feel the Pentax is quite handy for 6x7 SLR.

I love my Pentax 67 and don't care about the slow flash sync issue because I
    don't use flash and I don't care about the lack of film backs because I don't
    do the type of shooting that requires them. I just love that big fat 6x7 negative.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, I may look at the RFs, either the Fuji's or Mamiya 7 thou the lenses can be pricey.

I may of underestimated the P67 that I need a heavy'ish tripod.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    I cannot really accept rangefinders b/c I use graduated filters. Althou Lee does have a special holder "Lee RF75" I think it would be cumbersome, plus it supports only medium size lenses. If I could one of my options might be a Fuji 6x9 RF!
    I use Grad filters all the time with rangefinders - my Contax G, Mamiya 7 and Fotoman 617 panoramic (not a rangefinder but you use an external viewfinder rather than TTL so it's the same in practice for using grads). It's an often-told myth that you can't use them with rangefinders.

It's not quite as convenient as using grads with an non-rangefinder but it's accurate and easy enough. And, even though I've got both the standard Lee and the RF75 holders, I use both on the rangefinders.
    Last edited by coigach; 06-21-2011 at 02:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    The MLU will eliminate mirror vibration, but isn't the main source of the vibration of the P67 it's large FP shutter?
    I use my P67II for landscape's. Mounted on a tripod, using MLU and cable release I've done many long exposures (several minutes +) and always had tack sharp images. In this context, the big FP shutter had no -ve effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I use my P67II for landscape's. Mounted on a tripod, using MLU and cable release I've done many long exposures (several minutes +) and always had tack sharp images. In this context, the big FP shutter had no -ve effect.
    Very long exposure means the period of vibration, either from the mirror or the curtain, is small compared to the exposure. I find vibration is an issue when exposure is .5 to 1.0 second.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had and used a Bronica S2A for 19 years and have been using Hasselblad for over 20 years now. I agree with Steve - buy what you can afford and are comfortable with. Make sure it is mechanically sound and if purchasing from a dealer that they are reliable and have a return policy. Upon receipt test it thoroughly with film.

The camera may capture the picture but it's the photographer that makes the picture.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin