Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,277   Online: 801

Shooter
    Multi Format

A couple Fuji GF 670 questions

Hi,

I have a couple of slightly off the wall questions about the Fuji GF670. I can't find the answers anywhere. Here we go:

1. Is the meter TTL? I've searched the Fuji site plus every review and no one specifically says whether it's TTL or not, just that it's center weighted.

2. Are the bellow IR light safe? I shoot a lot of IR film.

3. Is it really true that you can't close the camera with a filter on? As I said, I shoot a lot of IR and that would be a pain to constantly be taking the filter on and off.

Thanks,

mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, it is not TTL, but it works fine for normal pictures. Don't know about the bellows. Yes, you must remove any filters and return the camera to infinity focus to close the camera up. Else you run the risk of bending the cover. That's the story for mine, anyway.
    Geo.

Shooter
    Large Format
    There are two ways to attach a filter to the GF670. You can screw 58mm filters into the lens directly, or use 40.5mm filters within the lens hood. If you go the latter route you still have to take the hood off when you close the camera, but clipping and unclipping the hood (with embedded filter) is at least a bit quicker and easier than screwing and unscrewing a filter directly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a ND filter with the hood. It works better for me.
    The camera has an IR mark to correct the focus, so it means it should not present a problem with IR film.
    Neto G.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin