Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,400   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Brightscreen with Hasselblad PME meter?

I'm in the market for a screen with a split prism. Hasselblad 42215 and similar... but the prices are exorbitant to say the least.

I'm using a PME with an Acute Matte screen - are the Brightscreens the same brightness as the Acute Matte screens, or would I need to adjust the meter?

cheers,
    Raoul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ive got a acute matte screen on my 500CM and like it. Its my understanding that the Acute matt is ia brighter but I never used a Bright screen, so no first hand knowledge.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any brand of "bright" screens shows you a "bright" image because they are so designed as to concentrate most of the light coming from the groundglass toward the eyecup... and your eye.

But the photocells are not there, they are beside the eyecup ; so, the screen may not be so bright for them, and there is no evident relationship between the brightness that you view and the brightness that your photocells see. Maybe even that this relationship depends on the lens aperture at which you measure the light with the photocell... "Sursum corda !" and use a separate lightmeter.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Accumate screen in my PME 45 and my readings are spot on. There is no reason to drag along a separate incident meter unless one is out of shape and needs a physical fitness program.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    right - same here, Accu-mate screen plus a PM45 with meter - the question remains, will the 'Brightscreen' brand screens require adjustment to the meter or not? (i.e. with the older Hassy screens I would need to adjust the metering by one stop).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    right - same here, Accu-mate screen plus a PM45 with meter - the question remains, will the 'Brightscreen' brand screens require adjustment to the meter or not? (i.e. with the older Hassy screens I would need to adjust the metering by one stop).
    It depends on how the PME was set up. Mine was set up for the Accu-mate screen. I never needed to have it adjusted, so I do not know how to adjust it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin