Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 703

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think you literally can't go wrong with the Fuji GA645Zi as a vacation camera. I brought back some of my favorite photos ever on a recent trip back home to KY -- all taken with the Fuji. It's super-convenient, super-packable and no-worries. I can't recommend it highly enough.

roots & rocks, boonesborough state park by mike thomas, on Flickr

clark county, kentucky by mike thomas, on Flickr

clark county, kentucky by mike thomas, on Flickr
    Last edited by mathomas; 08-02-2011 at 11:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    I think you literally can't go wrong with the Fuji GA645Zi as a vacation camera. I brought back some of my favorite photos ever on a recent trip back home to KY -- all taken with the Fuji. It's super-convenient, super-packable and no-worries. I can't recommend it highly enough.
    Eastern Kentucky sure is beautiful, isn't it? On the way back home from Detroit a few years ago, I made my way through western WV and eastern KY on smaller roads before dropping down to Nashville to stay with a friend. (I generally avoid the Interstate system, as it is far less desirable to me when traveling by car; IMHO it's not the most interesting way to see the country, in general.) I stayed overnight in Breaks Interstate Park, on the KY/VA border, and your pictures remind me of it. Gorgeous part of the world! I definitely want to go back. There are all sorts of beautiful "hollers" to explore in the region.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Eastern Kentucky sure is beautiful, isn't it?
    I have a very nice, big cabin there, come on over!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Eastern Kentucky sure is beautiful, isn't it? On the way back home from Detroit a few years ago, I made my way through western WV and eastern KY on smaller roads before dropping down to Nashville to stay with a friend. (I generally avoid the Interstate system, as it is far less desirable to me when traveling by car; IMHO it's not the most interesting way to see the country, in general.) I stayed overnight in Breaks Interstate Park, on the KY/VA border, and your pictures remind me of it. Gorgeous part of the world! I definitely want to go back. There are all sorts of beautiful "hollers" to explore in the region.
    It is indeed a beautiful state. I had to move away to truly appreciate it. Of course, I live in CO now, so I'm not exactly suffering . Your drive sounds amazing. I lived near Nashville for a while and it was very pretty, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Of all the many MF cameras I've ever used, the one that always gets packed when I'm travelling is the Fuji GA645Zi and a load of 220 film. I also bought the GA flash unit to give me more punch than the in-built one can muster. It's all so light, you can forget you're carrying it. I have both the champagne and black versions of the Fuji - the black comes out when I need to avoid attention as it looks like 'any other brick-like camera' but the standard finish does get you noticed. Have to say, it's a great ice-breaker as people get very curious about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lightweight? Then go for a GA645Zi. Used it this summer in Romania and it was a joy to use. The only drawback is that the largest aperture isn't 2.8 as on my Mamiya 645 but 4.5 or something. Not much of a problem unless you really want to get blurry backgrounds. It really is a medium format point-and-shoot. Simplicity itself. Compared to the Mamiya carrying the Fuji over the shoulder is something one does.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin