Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,004   Online: 762

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Fujita 66/Kalimar 66/Soligor 66 - the unknown little thingy

A while ago I purchased this little 6x6cm camera. At least here in Germany it is very rare, and it's very special:

- 6x6cm SLR, and it's really, really tiny
    - Instant return mirror (made in 1957)
    - Comparatively silent cloth focal plane shutter up to 1/500
    - Interchangeable lenses - screw mount, no automatic diaphragm, but reasonably sharp and contrasty
    - Focal lengths from 52mm (widest in 1957) up to 300mm; I own the normal lens and 150mm telephoto
    - No interchangeable magazines
    - WLF and screen cannot be exchanged
    - No crank, knob wind
    - There were extension rings and even a bellows, and an adapter to use the lenses on Hasselblad 1000F bodies.

The engineer who constructed Mrs. Thingy was Heinz Kilfitt, designer of the Robot, the Mecaflex and probably best known for his lenses. It's not the only camera he designed for a japanese company. It seems to be the tiny sister of the Kowa 6x6.

It's hard to find information about this on the web, the best source is this page still:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-36.html

I cannot second some of the statements. My copy of this camera works fine in cold weather, and the shutter is precise enough for some Tmax 100 films that I exposed and that like to be exposed properly.

Does anyone know more about this little gem?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    These are not very common in the USA either though there are usually a few on eBay. I'd like to find one myself.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin