Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,187   Online: 708

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ic-racer Thanks, you have helped me out big time. The cameras do seem to almost be twins. Hopefuly Monday I can get started.
    David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
    ic-racer Thanks, you have helped me out big time. The cameras do seem to almost be twins. Hopefuly Monday I can get started.
    David
    Those are cool cameras, hope you can get it fixed up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there is no need to have film inside, the counter only works if the back is closed properly. The back is closed if the pin on the right side of the camera between where the film will travel and the edge (same as advance btn and film counter) is pressed down. From 0 there is 4 red circles and then 1.

So I guess the first thing to check is if the pin is there.
    (Yes I agree, I probably should learn some more English before I try to explain things to people)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    komla thanks, I do believe the pin is working as it should. Also I had no problem with your English.
    David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ricoh Diacord update. I did not have the nerve to open camera up, but I kept working all the functions and pushing the pin on back. Camera nows works, have loaded a test roll and waiting for less than 100 temp to take it out. Thanks again for everyones help.
    David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I owned a Diacord LM, in if my memory is correct, there is a sequence that involves pushing in the black plastic button in the middle of rewind knob and winding forward until it engages, and that marks the first frame. But my memory may be hazy. The bodies of those cameras are built like a tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes your memory serves you well. The day I unpacked the Ricoh it just felt so right I knew my hunt was over, well at least for now. Only 1 other camera has smitten me, the Nikon F4s and I sold it to move into medium format. I toted that heavy F4 everywhere and I still miss it.
    david
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Medium Format
    By the way, Karl Bryan, who is known for quality work on Minolta Autocords, also works on Ricoh TLRs. You might contact him to see if he will work on your model. Fast, good prices, and one of the honest ones. Sounds like it could use an overhaul and cleaning, so if it stays as a prime camera for you it might be worth sending to him. email: karl.kathy@frontier.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Dan, I have been thinking about that exact thing. Just had not found anyone yet. Will definately check with him.
    David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin