Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,209   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Ricoh Diacord help needed

Hi
    Just picked up camera, everything works except the film counter. Film will advance but counter never leaves start. I have spent 2- 3 hours today on goolge but have not found anything helpful. Anyone use 1 or have any insight, it would be most heplful. I want to load it and use it. Thanks
    David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know the Diacord, but on some TLR models, the film advance system will only work without actual film in it if there is a take up reel in the proper compartment. For example, a Yashica-Mat will work- roughly- with a take-up spool in the top compartment. Roughly meaning that winding will feel rough and motion of the counter can be erratic as the thin gear that transfer spool motion to the counter mechanism rides on the spool.

A Minolta Autocord will will not do any counter movement no matter where the spool is without actual film. The gear to transfer spool motion is in he top compartment while the mechanism to move the film is in the bottom compartment.

There might be a pin sticking out somewhere on the back- usually the edge- when the back door is open. On the Yashicas, this is on the right side about the bottom third of the film opening.On the Autocord, it is at the upper right corner. No idea on the Diacord. As long as this lever isn't pushed in, the counter mechanism is disengaged. On the Rolleiflex Automat and letters, it is actually a thin lever on the right side of the film spool area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I own 3 Diacords... and yes the film doesn't count unless it has something to count.
    They are my vacation walkabout camera.
    I just went and checked..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Dan, so far nothing has worked. I do not want to give up on this camera.
    David
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you vpwphoto, but I loaded a roll but still not working. When I turned film advance after loading the 0 will move from the center of window slightly to the left, then no farther. Would you have anymore ideas.
    David
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Minolta Autocord may be similar. The Autocord Service Manual is available on the net. Look at page 14, "1. Film Counter Cannot Be Advanced."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is there a new location for the Autocord service manual? The Geocities link I can find is dead- geocities is gone, I believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    Is there a new location for the Autocord service manual? The Geocities link I can find is dead- geocities is gone, I believe.
    I could not get it to work either. I do thank you for the help.
    Thanks
    David
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    I found it here:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...F1WmbOAdnACKFw

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, ic-racer. Always interesting to compare the different documentation of manufacturers. Yashica seems to just have diagrams. Minolta has some specific adjustments, mainly of the 'bend this until things work' style. Rollei has specific adjustments, tolerances, special tools, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin