Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,015   Online: 703

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I use two ice chest coolers. One smaller than the other. If temps are 80 or better, I put ice around the smaller cooler (with no ice) inside the larger cooler. Work well to keep temps under control. I have not had any condensation because the second cooler just keep the film dry and cooler.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish it got hot enough often enough in the U.K for this to be a problem, it's July and as usual the rain is pi$$ing down today and the forecast says it's going to continue for the next three or four days.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yes, I started using coolers to hold my 4x5 holders while taking trips as long as 3 weeks in the SW (NM, AZ and UT) to protect them from the 90 to 100 degree temps and to provide a relatively clean place for them to be stored while camping. And, as mentioned in an earlier post, I place each of my holders in a Ziploc to help keep them clean as well. I now primarily shoot in 8x10 and have found coolers which neatly carry about 12 holders each. I used to place cold cans of the soda I drink in the coolers with the holders to act as a cooling assist until a cooler was left in a car with a soda can which froze and burst in an unexpected overnight temp drop. Quite the mess, lost several film holders with exposed film that was "glued" to the septum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Do you store your film in a cooler while shooting?"

Rarely do I store my film in a cooler while I am shooting. I do, however, store my film in a cooler while I am traveling via automobile in hot weather. In fact, I use a cooler that is large enough to hold my lenses, bodies, and batteries as well as my film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too use a cooler without ice.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin