Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,390   Online: 962

Shooter
    35mm

Left Pro film in the trunk of my car for 2-3 hours under hot Florida sun...Bad?

I know it wasn't the smartest idea but I didn't have any other choice... I had to leave my pro MF film in the trunk of my car for 2-3 hours under hot Florida sun...Do you think it is still good?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    should be fine as long as it isn't expired, I left a roll of Kodachrome loaded in a Nikkormat for about 4 hours in direct Florida sun in August on the hatch of my car at a car show and all my photos came out fine. Just don't do it again
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Colour or B&W - if it is colour, expect significant colour shifts (a lot of purple/magenta, not a lot of green/red). If it is B&W, it will not have this change. However, it should be shot soon as it will have fog develop more quickly than an unheated roll.

Here is some film that got cooked, as in left in a hot car too long (but it was done on a Lomo).
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/9...your-film.html
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    Colour or B&W - if it is colour, expect significant colour shifts (a lot of purple/magenta, not a lot of green/red). If it is B&W, it will not have this change. However, it should be shot soon as it will have fog develop more quickly than an unheated roll.

Here is some film that got cooked, as in left in a hot car too long (but it was done on a Lomo).
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/9...your-film.html
    It was color film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Trunks tend to be cooler than the interior since they don't have windows, so you might not notice too much of a color shift. (fingers crossed)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exactly how hot did it get? Without knowing, all guesses are just that. Maybe go buy a cheap foam cooler and leave it in the trunk for future use.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There will be no problem, I predict. I do it all the time in Texas.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jglass View Post
    There will be no problem, I predict. I do it all the time in Texas.
    Me too. Without instruments to measure minuscule color shifts you wouldn't be able to tell if you left it for days.

Pro film is always refrigerated so you can shoot rolls over a pro photoshoot and get the same color balance on the 49th roll as you get on the first and the tenth roll.

It doesn't spoil like milk. Honest.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not process a roll and find out?
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    Why not process a roll and find out?
    I have just loaded the first roll into my mamiya. I will let you know!
    Otto

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin