Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,892   Online: 993

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad magazine back problem

I just bought a used magazine back for my Hasselblad and I think it has a problem when it comes to winding up the finished film into the take-up spool. After the 12th frame, normally I just wind up the remaining film and paper into the spool but for this one, significant effort is required to do the winding at 1 point, and the result is that the tail of the film which has that bit you wrap around the completed film is scrunched up like an accordion has totally come off the film paper backing.

Is there any fix for this? I suspect that piece of metal which holds the film tightly wound is catching on the tail end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1685.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had this happen (increased effort at the very tail end of the roll), but never paid much attention to it.
    You could just open the back when you get to that increased effort point and unthread the paper from wherever it is at that point. An inch or so of paper off the spool until you secure it won't matter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah ok that makes sense. But I am wondering if this means I have a faulty back or it was because of the film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin