Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,307   Posts: 1,681,723   Online: 1032

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I still have to get out to shoot a roll, weather has been horrible and I don't like the idea of immediately soaking the camera. I will post results though in the future

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bad weather is a bliss for good photographs. ;-)
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But boring weather, boring light and some rain isn't, plus it doesn't make the photographer happy either

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some day you will come to find just how cool 'boring' can be in a photograph. I use a large sealing zip-loc plastic bag to rainproof my Hasselblad. I cut a hole for the lens, and tape with gaffer's tape to the lens shade. I cut a hole on the bottom so I can reach my hands up from underneath to focus and wind the film. The cable release sticks out as it doesn't mind getting wet. Finally I use the zip-loc itself to open and close to look into the viewfinder.
    This works really well, and long exposures in the rain can lend a really ethereal look to your photographs. Your mileage may vary, but at some point it's worth trying to shoot in the rain. You might like it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I shot some close-ups of my fountain pens today, love the close up focus of the bellows and the 50mm lens. I still have to finish the roll. I find it so relaxing taking time to check all the settings, making really sure that everything is correct

Shooter
    35mm
    You have a beautiful portfolio Thomas, well done, most inspiring.
    Cheers from OZ

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Max -welcome to RB67 Club!!!!!! Congrats on your buy. I think you're spot on with the 'relaxing taking time to check all the settings, ...'. It really is therapeutic!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin