Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,099   Posts: 1,612,677   Online: 849

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Worse, one buys new cameras because of GAS and then one must use them to justify the expense, so the bag is always too heavy or the camera at the neck is the wrong one... but there's also a silver lining, a different camera sometimes invite to explore a different genre, a small rangefinder invites to try street photography, a MF will induces a more reflective and "choosy" attitude, a fixed-focal-length lens makes a good exercise in using that focal length, a new ultra-wide lens is a new eye to the world, etc. so GAS be blessed.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the camera collection department, I've got a jones on for a Nikon F with the non-metered prism. It's just such a classic, elegant-looking camera. Either that or a Canon F-1 (not the F-1N, which although a much more useful camera, is a lot uglier). I'd also like to get my 12x15 restored so it is workable - it has most of the required bits and pieces, but needs first and foremost a new bellows, and then some film holders to go with it.

Bah! There's no question. It HAS to be the Nikon. The F1 isn't even in the same league.

Pardon me as I begin to bob and weave to avoid flying objects.=@) like cameras.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    but there's also a silver lining, a different camera sometimes invite to explore a different genre, a small rangefinder invites to try street photography, a MF will induces a more reflective and "choosy" attitude, a fixed-focal-length lens makes a good exercise in using that focal length, a new ultra-wide lens is a new eye to the world, etc. so GAS be blessed.
    Totally agree !
    Whenever my photography is going through a stale patch, another camera always gets me going again. It doesn't have to be an expensive one...... a crappy toy camera or an old folder for a few quid and the creativeness is unleashed !!

On the other hand .... GAS can sometimes be a real problem for me because I buy and sell cameras as part of my living. I can't describe the emotional pain I suffer when Rollei's, Exakta's and nice little bakelite beauties come in one hand and have to go straight out the other..... just so's I can put food on the table !
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Talking of Nikons..... A friend came round to my place a while back and said, about my Nikon F on the display shelf ''Isn't that Nikon an ugly looking thing''.
    It still hurts when I talk about it.
    It does have the clumsy photomic meter on it though so I guess I can forgive him a little.
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    but if you knocked him out with it and then said do that with a pretty camera and I doubt it would still work! :-)
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice to know I am in good company. I got it a couple of years ago and have enjoyed the depleting funds. I started out with that Nikon F4 that I have always wanted and now have all sorts of 35mm Nikon and Yashica cameras and a really good Mamiya 645 Pro setup I try to use all the time but have no time right now to use anything......

Yes I want an RB or RZ setup, got the Super 23 and working on all the assessories.....I am finding I am buying two of each camera just incase one goes south on me I still have a working copy. I would tell you how many cameras I have because it would scare me........I don't have a camera problem......

Bob E.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Andrew, a Nikon F could inflict some serious damage !
    He uses an OM-1 which I have to agree is quite a nice little thing....... but could it take a bullet ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin