Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,501   Online: 799

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you can find one, a Plaubel Makina 67 or 670. I've traveled extensively with a 670, Lee filter holder, a few lee filters and ten to twenty rolls of film. Remarkably, the Plaubel with it's collapsible nikkor 80mm lens fits into a kata case about the size of a large paperback - I don't know of another 67 camera that's this small. My whole kit fits into a small Domke "reporter" satchel. With prints from 160nc film up to size 16x20 it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between this camera and a 4x5.

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    If you can find one, a Plaubel Makina 67 or 670. I've traveled extensively with a 670, Lee filter holder, a few lee filters and ten to twenty rolls of film. Remarkably, the Plaubel with it's collapsible nikkor 80mm lens fits into a kata case about the size of a large paperback - I don't know of another 67 camera that's this small. My whole kit fits into a small Domke "reporter" satchel. With prints from 160nc film up to size 16x20 it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between this camera and a 4x5.
    Thank you, and I do remember the rave reviews of this camera back in the ....the 80's? Unfortunately it had a lot of problems with the lens retractor mechanism and those that are in fine working order are more costly than equivalent newer equipment. A great recommendation, however, thanks again.

BAB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wear both glasses and contact lenses. I've never had an issue with the viewfinder on my GA645 (non-i version). Since the camera isn't technically a rangefinder, you aren't peering at an RF patch for focusing. It's just for framing, and exposure info is readout in an LED within the viewfinder. Camera handles well, is compact for the format and sharp as a tack.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the Fuji AF zoom version and I wear glasses. No problem.

BAB

Shooter
    Multi Format

GA645 viewfinder

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    I have the Fuji AF zoom version and I wear glasses. No problem.
    Thanks to both drumlin and BobD for the information on the finder of the GA645. Especially helpful as I have one coming to me in the mail, through a friend on the west coast who found one for a ridiculously low price while scanning local ads. No, it's not hot . He even ran a roll through it before sending it to me.

I want to thank everyone who responded. This is a friendly forum with lots of knowledgeable individuals. I'll keep reading the forum and may even contribute occasionally.

Thanks again,
    Bruce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin