Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,371   Online: 812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feelin' Dumb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    For modern fast panchromatic films it is best to cover the window with black electrical tape when it is not being used. From my experience the paper backing may not provide enough protection in strong light.
    This is my experience too. "Fast" starts at 200 ASA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i had this happen sometimes when my roll of film wasn't tightly wound around the spool.
    and i didn't unload the film in dim light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitya138 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Actually, I don't think the cameras themselves leak. When I refered to "light traps" I meant the slit on the film cartridge itself through which the film is extracted and re-wound. I'm going to get to the bottom of this somehow.

There is no light trap on 120 roll film....your comment is confusing! Kal
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitya138 View Post
    When I refered to "light traps" I meant the slit on the film cartridge itself through which the film is extracted and re-wound.
    Your describing 35mm film, not 120.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you read the OP's original post then I don't see how he can be talking about 35mm cassettes given the equipment he used but I have no idea to what he is referring either other than the slit in the middle of the 120 spool into which the backing paper is fed but equally I can't see how this could be listed as the potential problem.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format

Red-Faced

[QUOTE=Bob-D659;1215342]120 is on a spool with paper backing, not in a cartridge like 35mm film.

Very embarrasing. What the hell was I thinking? I guess my mind was in 35mm mode when I wrote that.
    Anyway, thanks for all the input.
    Bblhed- great tips, thanks. Just spent the last three weeks bouncing around Sichuan, so I haven't been able to try them out yet, but plan to do so soon. I really liked the exposures that weren't marred, so I hope I can get things straightened out eventually.

Mitya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin