Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,396   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Medium Format

rolleiflex- help identify the model?

Hi everybody,

Digging through my father's old cameras at home I found a rolleiflex that seems to be in working condition though not in the best condition.

It doesn't have any of those knobs in the front like many other models I have seen pictures of on the internet do. In fact, I have not been able to find a way to set shutter speed nor exposure.

There is a knob on the left side but it seems to work only for focusing.

The lens on top is a Heidosmat 2,8 and the one on the bottom a Carl Zeiss Tessar 3,5.

I have found this only recently; today I am leaving for a festival and thought it would be great for portraits but I am not sure if I can trust the results when I can't set exposure or shutter speed.

Does anyone else have any experience with such a rolleiflex model?
    How are the results?

Thanks in advance!

Hope to get an answer from any one of you soon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it's a rolleiflex t; so is there anyone who has shot with this model?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like it's a Rollei T. That's the only model I can think of off the top of my head that meets with your description. I've seen them, but never shot with one...
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems to me a Rollei T also. An excellent find none the less!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks tjaded and Jeff.

After more research I figured out that the lever for changing the exposure is missing :/

I found yet another one in the meantime! A Rolleiflex 3,5 F from the looks of it.

One with the knobs in front; everything seems to be fine except the shutter release button doesn't work :/

I won't be able to take them to the festival for my project but at least I have something to get fixed/ or fix on my own when I get back

I can't believe all this time I was trying to save up for a medium format my dad had two hidden at home rusting in a box!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the trick of fixing shutter release buttons on these things by any lucky chance?
    Last edited by simya; 07-31-2011 at 01:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! Not one, but TWO Rolleis! You should first thank your dad for his awesome choice in gear, then get both fixed up and shoot them like there's no tomorrow. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This Rolleiflex Guide should help you.... Find the serial number on the camera.

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If the release button pushes but the shutter does not release the most likely cause is a gummed up shutter. You will need to send it to a qualified repairman for a CLA.

Quote Originally Posted by simya View Post
    Thanks tjaded and Jeff.

After more research I figured out that the lever for changing the exposure is missing :/

I found yet another one in the meantime! A Rolleiflex 3,5 F from the looks of it.

One with the knobs in front; everything seems to be fine except the shutter release button doesn't work :/

I won't be able to take them to the festival for my project but at least I have something to get fixed/ or fix on my own when I get back

I can't believe all this time I was trying to save up for a medium format my dad had two hidden at home rusting in a box!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the trick of fixing shutter release buttons on these things by any lucky chance?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does winding the lever forward and back do anything on the F? Most likely hidesert has it- gummed up shutter works. Worth winding the lever around for a bit since there are other interlocks on these cameras where something can stick in place from old grease and hold everything up. No matter, well worth sending it out for an overhaul.

Both cameras are worth fixing. Be very careful about fixing them yourself. Some pretty tricky mechanisms going on under the covers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin