Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 818

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Processing 120 Transparency Film at Wal-Mart

Dropped off 2 rolls of Fuji 120 Provia at Wal-Mart. Ten days later I picked them up. Perfect job by Fuji...sleeved and rolled uncut...protected by a sturdy red cardboard tube.
    Cost $4.88 each.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Their medium format is cheaper than 35mm.

I haven't tried slide film developing at Wally world, but the print color film is super cheap. I took in two rolls last month and for 10 pics from by RB, the price was...$1.26 per roll. I have had a few rolls that had a little stuff on the negatives, but most have come out fine. It takes my local Wal-Mart two weeks but for that price I can't hardly develop it myself. Strangely a roll of the same Fuji film in 35mm costs about $7.00 now or so. It used to cost only a couple bucks. I can take 20 pictures with my mf camera and spend about $2.50, or 24 with 35mm and spend over $7.00. You would think it would be the the other way around. I send my 35mm to York and only pay a few bucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    any idea on how they process the film? Were there marks on each end of the rolls, noting that they use a dip-n-dunk processor, or if not, a roller-transport?

just wondering, good price btw

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    any idea on how they process the film? Were there marks on each end of the rolls, noting that they use a dip-n-dunk processor, or if not, a roller-transport?

just wondering, good price btw

-Dan
    No idea. But what I find was that they will not push. I got a roll returned.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You guys are lucky. Last time I presented a roll of 120 for processing to the clerk at the "photo counter" at Walmart, she just looked at me like I was from outer space or something. I'm exaggerating...but, only slightly. I've dropped the last few rolls of family snapshot (35mm) at walgreens but they do such a horrible job, I guess I'd rather not even bother. The clerk at walgreens at least knew what 120 film was but...they claimed that their machine wouldn't/couldn't do it (which I'm pretty sure is BS).

Wish there were someplace local to have my family snaps processed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the Walmart here 100% of the film, 120 & 135, go out to Fuji.

Don't let the kid behind the counter touch it.

Frankly our Walgreens does a very good job. I guess it is better local management.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am blesed, my daughter does most of the film processing at our local Rite Aid. She is a perfectionist, I taught her well.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I am blesed, my daughter does most of the film processing at our local Rite Aid. She is a perfectionist, I taught her well.
    You are blessed.

I am jealous.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji appears to be sending their E6 processing to Dwayne's. I base this on the photo of a Fuji E6 mailer on the B&H Photo website. The address is a PO Box in Parsons, KS, which has to be Dwayne's.

Sending through Walmart should get you the same processing for a few $$$ less.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fuji has a processing center in Portland, Oregon. That's where the film I drop off at Walmart here in Washington State goes.

At $4.88 for 120 format it is less than half the current price of the prepaid mailers and the required $1.71 postage.

BTW, they charge me the same price for 220 although I understand some Walmarts charge $6.88.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
    Fuji appears to be sending their E6 processing to Dwayne's. I base this on the photo of a Fuji E6 mailer on the B&H Photo website. The address is a PO Box in Parsons, KS, which has to be Dwayne's.

Sending through Walmart should get you the same processing for a few $$$ less.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin